Forums - Sony Discussion - K-Mart Employee lets slip PS3 Slim news (to me!)

Smashed said:
muubam said:
Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:
K-Mart is still a biggish store in the NE USA

Walmart is bigger in all of NA.

I rarely see K-Marts in Canada, if any.. Walmart's are everywhere.

However.. I'm banned from every walmart in the province of Ontario until June 24th 2010.

how do you get banned from walmart, i mean i know almost every one gets thrown out at least once in there life but banned? did you kill someone in the store... i think thats what it would take 

Stole a WoW 60 Day prepaid game time card.

Little does walmart know, that's my 7th one.

Got caught on it though. Who HASN'T stolen from walmart... seriously.

Look mate, little do you know that most employees bear the burden of stock loss, and many employees face being fired for bad stock counts and stock loss.  Think about that asshat.  You're not one-uping a big company you're screwing over some kid getting through college or someone just trying to pay the bills.

I'm sick of chasing sorry ass low lifes that think it's cool to steal stuff out of my shop.  Especially subscription cards or points cards as they're the things that hit margins the most if they go missing.

And back on topic - no way would they do the slim for $199.  And betting a lifetme ban when you have 20ish posts isn't exactly a big deal. (like the guy from the 199 thread)

Why are you getting so worked up over something I did?

Jesus.. Let it go.

It's idioits like you that put my job at risk every day.  You're 15 and clearly don't fully understand morality or the value of money.  I work fulltime to pay rent + bills and go to college fulltime - if I lose my job I lose EVERYTHING.  And yes, I can lose my job over stock loss - and like I said, it's always the employees that get hurt.

Around the Network
Smashed said:

I'm not ashamed.

I chose to do it, I got caught, end of story. This shouldn't continue any longer.

Won't happen again, so relax.

It is a shame that you are not ashamed about it. It just makes me wonder what other things you are able to justify in your own mind. Personally I would be very ashamed and disapointed with myself.

We live in a society and society creates rules so the rest of us can go about our business. Theft clearly is deemed as anti social behaviour and is not contrary to belief a victimless crime just because you did not see anybody suffering because of your theft. You should not be suprised that others do not respect you or go off on one.

Over the course of a year your band of little theives take what they want which by the end of the years equals a lot of money. That money then gets passed down the chain either via job cuts, price hikes or even store closures.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Pristine20 said:

Lots of do-gooders everywhere you go, better stop worrying about it. I too could say that by buying legit from Walmart, they're supporting human rights infringements in some parts of the world. Is that one morally correct?

Supporting our morally challenged friend and referring us to do-gooders interesting and then for good measure we talk about human rights infringements.

If you do not get stealing is wrong then I hold no hope for you regards to human rights. It would be an interesting world were everyone just took what they wanted when they wanted it. I have a feeling that this may lead to just a few human rights issues.

The guy admitted to stealing I see no reason why I should sit here and pretend that is right or even try to justify it.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Well, to drag this topic from the depths of off-topic hell, I wouldn't necessarily take what that K-mart person said as:

1) Fact. Most Employees wouldn't really get to see stuff being scanned for the store. I'm pretty sure a big retailer like K-mart (they are big down here), would both to send a unit to each store to get it scanned there, given the types of inventory systems we hve these days. But don't quote me on that, it's my own speculation.

2) A Ps3 Slim. There's no guarantees that, assuming person was telling the truth, he/she was referring to a PS3 slim. They just said it was a new PS3 right? Could just be another PS3 phat with a different hard drive or whatever.

I don't know if it's wise to trust the store person.

I work for a large retailer myself and call BS on this as our PS3's are still active in the system. Along with someones recent admission I say this topic should be locked.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:
^^ considering the Cards dont activate untill purchased and activated by the Cashier...very sad.

Then how did I get 420 days of play time, don't you think I would have not taken anymore after the first card didn't work?

I'll show you my character's aswell. 

It's not sad, it goes to show you how terrible security/cameras can be if I managed to get away SIX times.

Sorry.. 360 days, not 420, if I had gotten away it would be 420.

But I won't steal there anymore.

You need to stop stealing.  Next time you won't get banned, you end up in jail.  Stealing is a bad thing. 

Stealing is for Pussies, get a real job and pay for WoW like the rest of the suckers (Like I used to before I went to rehab and quit WoW)!

Oh wait.......that is not the OP.......sorry.......anyway. KMart inventory "Not on File" doesnt really classify as news, but it was funny watching this thread get derailed by an idiot that bragged about stealing WoW cards .

welshbloke said:
Pristine20 said:

Lots of do-gooders everywhere you go, better stop worrying about it. I too could say that by buying legit from Walmart, they're supporting human rights infringements in some parts of the world. Is that one morally correct?

Supporting our morally challenged friend and referring us to do-gooders interesting and then for good measure we talk about human rights infringements.

If you do not get stealing is wrong then I hold no hope for you regards to human rights. It would be an interesting world were everyone just took what they wanted when they wanted it. I have a feeling that this may lead to just a few human rights issues.

The guy admitted to stealing I see no reason why I should sit here and pretend that is right or even try to justify it.

Point out where I said it was right? Please?

and @TheTruthHurts!

I'm derailing the topic? Really? Are you blind..? They jumped all over me, and where did I brag? Why are people putting words in my mouth, all I said was I did it, and I said it in the form that Walmart's security is seriously flawed if I got away 6 times, no?

I've already stated it's the only thing I ever stole in my life, AND I stated that I wouldn't do it again and that should be the end of it, yet people keep quoting and starting something else.

Your saying I am derailing the topic? I said "let it go" twice, it hasn't been let go yet.

To finalize it, I am not ashamed/angry that I stole/got caught, good, I got caught.. I got banned, that's the end of it, I don't know where I said that it was right,  welshbloke apparently saw me say it was right. More words put in my mouth, fantastic isn't it?

@C_Hollomon

For like the fourth time in this thread now? I've already stated that I have no more intention to steal anymore, better yet, go back into walmart, I hate the store to begin with, ran by money-whoring idiots. And i'm not one of those assholes that tries something after they have been caught, Iv'e been caught, I've said I'm not going to do it again, leave it alone.

Proud Supporter of The PlayStation Family.n

I used to steal stuff when I was a kid...I've even stolen stuff from my job...Not my current one...
I don't see the big deal here...If it was not ok to steal then Why would RockStar Make GTA games...System Of a Down encourages stealing...And so do I!....
Now if those WoW time cards have to be activated at the register....