By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 will OUTSELL Ps3 (slim) by 2 Million this XMAS!

The pictures i saw so far looks extremely ulgy. People want a price drop not a slim. Halo ODST will be a great holiday game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

@kantor

You still havn't come up with a valid response

fact is MS have said they are READY for a Ps3 price drop

On the other hand a PS3 slim & price drop aren't even confirmed yet

Xbox man you do know the ps3 has myspace, twitter, facebook, youtube, and any website available for access right?

mM

@ Kantor, you've dignified this thread with 3 responses. Typical Xbot noob thinking... A true PS3 fan like myself would not make such an error.

Tease.

The Xbox Man said:
Smashed said:
The Xbox Man said:

Slim? don't make me laugh

Nothing was funny, why are you laughing?

what will it do, it looks ugly + will be stripped down!

Mad?

Xbox 360 will still be cheaper & it has HALO this xmas!!

Have you seen PS3's line up? Halo is like a joke to it.

Microsoft will turn the elite into the pro & make it $249 & the arcade $149

Not anytime soon.

$149 & $249 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $299 Ps3 slim

No.

Xbox 360 has greater public mindshare, teens have the xbox 360, other teens will get it to play with their friends on xbox live (great community)

Accually, PS3 has grown alot, and more and more people are switching over, true story.

+ Xbox will get

facebook & so on

Which is why we have computers, facebook is garbo anyways.

,......word of mouth is with xbox 360

PS3's demand is higher.

e.g. I was at the airport & the guard asked me, do you have an xbox in your handbag........XBOX has  become the word used for "game consoles"

PlayStation is well more known all around then Xbox.

The PS3 slim will do nothing to make Ps3 outsell xbox 360!

That's why you think.

Fixed.

MS said in an interview in MARCH that they were ready for a PS3 price drop.........so they ARE ready

PS3 demand is higher? yeah right, explain it selling less than anything else week after week

Facebook = 200 Million + people on it

@spartan fx

xbox 360 outsold ps3 by 3 million units last xmas I believe

In the reality, people have higher demands for PS3 than the Xbox, in fact.. All playstation products, over the Xbox.. I can explain why it's selling less than everything else, you said it yourself.. the price. So once the PS3's price seem's good enough (with the incoming slim, it will be), people will start going "Oh, the PS3 is pretty cheap now, i'm going to get one"! The ONLY reason ive seen people hold back from buying a PS3 is the price. So don't bring your trollish comments right after a ban. Again.. You can go on facebook on the PS3's browser. Think of it like, Xbox 360 is the NOW, PS3 is the future.

Around the Network

@leo-j

I do & I also know they don't work with FULL functionality due to flash problems

@smashed

What reality?

WHAT PLAYSTATION PRODUCTS................the PS products PS3 & PSP that are getting outsold week on week??

People said the same about the N64 you know

PS3 is the future? but tell me which game on it truly has graphics/gameplay LEAPS & BOUNDS over the xbox 360 worthy enough to be called the future

The Xbox Man said:
Smashed said:
The Xbox Man said:

Slim? don't make me laugh

Nothing was funny, why are you laughing?

what will it do, it looks ugly + will be stripped down!

Mad?

Xbox 360 will still be cheaper & it has HALO this xmas!!

Have you seen PS3's line up? Halo is like a joke to it.

Microsoft will turn the elite into the pro & make it $249 & the arcade $149

Not anytime soon.

$149 & $249 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $299 Ps3 slim

No.

Xbox 360 has greater public mindshare, teens have the xbox 360, other teens will get it to play with their friends on xbox live (great community)

Accually, PS3 has grown alot, and more and more people are switching over, true story.

+ Xbox will get

facebook & so on

Which is why we have computers, facebook is garbo anyways.

,......word of mouth is with xbox 360

PS3's demand is higher.

e.g. I was at the airport & the guard asked me, do you have an xbox in your handbag........XBOX has  become the word used for "game consoles"

PlayStation is well more known all around then Xbox.

The PS3 slim will do nothing to make Ps3 outsell xbox 360!

That's why you think.

Fixed.

MS said in an interview in MARCH that they were ready for a PS3 price drop.........so they ARE ready

PS3 demand is higher? yeah right, explain it selling less than anything else week after week

Facebook = 200 Million + people on it

@spartan fx

xbox 360 outsold ps3 by 3 million units last xmas I believe

Okay, fine.

1) Yes, they did say that. How do you know what they have planned is going to be any more effective?

2) PS3 demand is clearly higher, because the PS3 has always been more expensive than the 360, and yet through holiday 2007 and most of 2008, it was selling better. Not to mention the 360 outsells the PS3 by around 15k a week despite having half the entry price. In a recession.

3) Facebook has loads of people. You've been able to go on Facebook with the PS3 pretty much since launch. As well as the rest of the internet.

4) It depends what you define "Christmas" as. Presumably, it finishes when the year ends, when does it start? Let's say mid November.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39768&end=39810&weekly=1

So around 2 million. You really expect it to replicate the effects of a price cut that made it half the price of the competition, as compared to one that will make it marginally cheaper? They are not going to cut the price of the Elite by $100 ($150?), that is just ridiculous. The Slim and PS3 price cut are pretty much confirmed, we have no hard evidence for any Microsoft plans, other than an ambiguous statement in March.

Happy?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The Xbox Man said:
@leo-j

I do & I also know they don't work with FULL functionality due to flash problems

@smashed

What reality?

WHAT PLAYSTATION PRODUCTS................the PS products PS3 & PSP that are getting outsold week on week??

People said the same about the N64 you know

PS3 is the future? but tell me which game on it truly has graphics/gameplay LEAPS & BOUNDS over the xbox 360 worthy enough to be called the future

Almost everything in the PS3 is far more superior than the 360.

Hell, even the controllers.. You still need AA batteries for your controller to stay alive..

How hard was it to get a USB and plug it in, like Sony did?

Squilliam said:
@ Kantor, you've dignified this thread with 3 responses. Typical Xbot noob thinking... A true PS3 fan like myself would not make such an error.

I'm trying to get this thread to the top of the forum so MGT2000 can stop playing around with Yana and look at it!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Tee Hee!!!!!

Funny stuff man!