By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FFCC: Crystal Bearers - New gameplay clips with awesome music

Graphics, and gameplay look awesome.

Music... not so much...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
My god that music is terrible. It doesn't even fit with the gameplay and graphics.

I'm predicting a 6.9 on Metacritic for this game. Somehow, it seems genuinely lacking. It just doesn't look epic, but instead it looks silly and minigame-ish.

Based on a couple trailers you didn't like?

Actually that seems to be reviewers and the Wii these days.

Yes, based on all the gameplay vids I've seen. On what else should I base it on?

The completed fucking game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
My god that music is terrible. It doesn't even fit with the gameplay and graphics.

I'm predicting a 6.9 on Metacritic for this game. Somehow, it seems genuinely lacking. It just doesn't look epic, but instead it looks silly and minigame-ish.

Yes, based on all the gameplay vids I've seen. On what else should I base it on?

The game isn't completed yet, so it would be impossible to base my prediction on, wouldn't it?

I've never played a Crystal Chronicles game and i want to like this but i'm not yet sold.

Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:

The game isn't completed yet, so it would be impossible to base my prediction on, wouldn't it?

Then you shouln't make it, at least not based on the game. The general sentiment among previews is often a better indicator. It means the reviews were decided beforehand (and therefore not really valid as reviews), but it is an indicator of the reviews.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:

Then you shouln't make it, at least not based on the game. The general sentiment among previews is often a better indicator. It means the reviews were decided beforehand (and therefore not really valid as reviews), but it is an indicator of the reviews.

I'm just saying how I feel about this game. These trailers are made to let people see what the game is about. I don't like what I see.

And I can make all the predictions I want, thank you very much.

Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:

I'm just saying how I feel about this game. These trailers are made to let people see what the game is about. I don't like what I see.

And I can make all the predictions I want, thank you very much.

You didn't just make it. You wrote it as though it was certain. That was the BS part. Unless potential reviewers were indicating they felt the same way, your prediction has no foundation.

It's why all the predictions about World At War selling poorly compared to Call of Duty 4 were weak, because they based it on the buyers caring about who made the game and the setting. The predictors cared, but not the buyers. Thus the predictions had no foundation.

Looks alright.

Chrizum said:

Well I agree with you about the music but the game was playable at E3 and I don't remember reading anything negative about it at all.. and just because its a Wii game doesn't mean its minigame-ish at all.. I don't know why you would say that.

The main problem about the trailers is it doesnt show actual gameplay, it just show great graphics, and a guy randomly waving things on the air, with hilarious music in the background, it looks like a good game, but it doesnt show any deep gameplay, it doesnt show the background of the game, its weird... it looks great though

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!