By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its officle PS3 slim and price

Is this good or bad?

How much would this correspond to in USD? 299?

Around the Network

@ nightsurge. Thanks, although all i really write is my opinion... i just never hardly write "IMO" after my posts.

@nojustno.
When there is justice to be served, i must serve that said justice.

OT: Carl and nightsurge do you two need to hug this one out?

Taz: who knows how much they are going to charge in the US. I do have a feeling they will go with the one line saying if ppl really want it then they will work extra hours.

nightsurge said:
Carl2291 said:
otoniel said:
Carl2291 said:
If true, bye-bye to the 8.3 million lead.

But still, i will wait until Sony themselves confirm it before laughing at people.

such a fanboy the 8.3 million gap will take months and a lot of them to get close 

and not to mention that the xbox will need to stop selling 

plus lets see what microsoft has under its hands 

Bolded- Point out in my post where i gave a certain time-frame of when the lead will be gone.

Green- Of course it wont stop selling, but unless MS have something to counter, 360 sales will slow down as hype will move toward the PS3slim

Red- Lets see... IF Microsoft have something.

Blue- If i was a grass, you would be reported. Heres a hint for the future though, dont insult other members for having an opinion on whats going to happen... or you probably wont be here for very long 

I agree with your reply, Carl, but at the same time, you do tend to speak in absolutes.  Are you a fanboy? Hell no.  Just people who don't know you will think you are talking like one

Then those people need to differenciate the way a fanboy talks and a non-fanboy talks =)

I find the price cut a little unbelievable, IMO. I would be surprised if a PS3 slim doesn't get released, but the price cut, a little to steep to believe.

Around the Network

@Kzoellner - Lol   Me and Carl are cool.  I was just offering my explanation for why someone attacked him like that.  I know he's no fanboy and speaks his opinions.

All I can say is, if these PS3 Slims are actually at wholesalers/distributors already, SOMEONE would have a good leaked photo or 2 by now....

August 18th can't come fast enough! I just want some official confirmation already!!!!!

largedarryl said:
I find the price cut a little unbelievable, IMO. I would be surprised if a PS3 slim doesn't get released, but the price cut, a little to steep to believe.

Why? a slim would theoretically be much cheaper to pruduce afaik so It's definitely possible.

It would be stupid for MS to do anything right away. They need to see just how effective the PS3 slim can really be then make a move..

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Carl2291 said:
thabigD said:
299 Euros? What was the price before?

Im 95% positive its at 400 Euro's, although i could be way off.

This would also mean it would be $300 in the US and about £240 in the UK.

Bring Gran Turismo 5 along with that... and sales sales sales

more importantly for sony:

300 euros = 41,521 yen

300 dollars = 29,228 yen

240 pounds = 31,800 yen

That doesn't take into consideration VAT.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

This would mean roughly $425 U.S. dollars. That is if they price it the same. I wonder what the hard drive and specs will be.