By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its officle PS3 slim and price

YAYYYYYAYYAyaYAYAYA...no.

Will just make the gap 5mil =/

but good news for folks who don't own a ps3 and wants a slim.

Around the Network

Once it is confirmed I expect the very next day (or following week) MS will reveal what they have been planning in response to this event. Surely you all must realize they have something planned since they've been saying since Spring they would be ready to act in the event of a price cut.

nightsurge said:
Once it is confirmed I expect the very next day (or following week) MS will reveal what they have been planning in response to this event. Surely you all must realize they have something planned since they've been saying since Spring they would be ready to act in the event of a price cut.

They've been saying?

and yeah I think they are gonna discotinue the arcade, replace it with pro, and then followed by Elite which will be in the original place of the x360 pro.

Yeah but the ps3 slim looks ulgy, why did they pick that design?
It won't happen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

nightsurge said:

All i see Microsoft doing is making the price of the Elite to what the Pro model was. Maybe a new SKU, but hardly enough to mess with a 100euro pricecut and Slim.

Then HOPE that Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3: ODST and maybe even Modern Warfare 2 will keep sales rather high.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

Yah I believe in a past thread about this I said I am surprised MS has not started their military horns and have the PR and hardware getting ready for battle.  In any case if they are doing another major price drop with a decent system then I just might "Jump in" again with them.  But we will have to see what sony has to back all of this up.  You know they dont want to be just waiting for another terrible xmas season like last year bc of MS.

The design is ugly. What were sony thinking?

luvtospooge said:
nightsurge said:

They've been saying?

and yeah I think they are gonna discotinue the arcade, replace it with pro, and then followed by Elite which will be in the original place of the x360 pro.

Latest news shows Pro discontinued and just Arcade/Elite options.  I expect at the very least the Arcade will go to $149 and the new Elite will go to $249.

Yeah ever since it was wildly speculated that the PS3 would get a price cute around Killzone 2 time MS has been saying they have stuff planned in the event of a PS3 price cut.

And sorry, didn't mean to burst the "8 million gap shall vanish!" bubble.

299 Euros? What was the price before?

€299? I don't believe.