By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its officle PS3 slim and price

johnsobas said:
Taz! said:
^ Ya, I know about exchange rates I just didn't realise you guys got things so cheap -_-

no you obviously don't understand exchange rates if you think that.

No, you don't understand my point.

I knew that you guys got things cheaper than us, I just didn't know you got things that much cheaper. I know the basics, but your right - I don't know exchange rates in very much detail.

Around the Network

Wouldn't it cost more than the phat due to miniaturization and R&D? And how reliable is this source? How do we know he's not just squeezing our teabags?

Well it could be because America buys alot more stuff than other countries, so they get better deals.

it's all very secretive. They haven't yet seen what the console actually looks like, the size of its harddrive is also unconfirmed, and possible bundles have yet to be discussed. 

Lawl

Which means the pics online would be bullshit.

4 ≈ One

Vetteman94 said:
Well it could be because America buys alot more stuff than other countries, so they get better deals.

We don't know the price in the US yet, it might be $300 it might not. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
pterodactyl said:

Wouldn't it cost more than the phat due to miniaturization and R&D? And how reliable is this source? How do we know he's not just squeezing our teabags?

No. First of all R&D would have been being paid through the years... unless for some reason you think Sony just gets R&D for free then all of a sudden takes a big hit when its done.

TAZ! - You are also forgetting about VAT. Add in at least an extra 10% sales tax for the US or take off 15% - 20% for UK and Euro prices.

JEDE3 said:
TAZ! - You are also forgetting about VAT. Add in at least an extra 10% sales tax for the US or take off 15% - 20% for UK and Euro prices.

Ahh, thanks.

johnsobas said:
Vetteman94 said:

True, but the 80GB was priced at $400 and 400 Euros,  so it kinda leads me to think that the Slim in America will be $300

Vetteman94 said:
johnsobas said:
Vetteman94 said:

True, but the 80GB was priced at $400 and 400 Euros,  so it kinda leads me to think that the Slim in America will be $300

But wouldn't you be on cloud nine if they said $250?