By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game of all time.

coolbeans said:
lol never figured the Halo 3 hate was this rampant (don't take the wrong way).

Really? Welcome to the internets.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 7,I have a feeling people are just saying that because:
A- It popularized RPGs with CGI and cutscenes
B- It was popular. Period
C- Came after FF6

The game's soundtrack alone makes it one of the best games of all-time, and I gladly spent 150+ hours playing that. Also, I only bought it for $15.

Halo 3's campaign was a sleeping pill, but the online makes up for that A LOT.

GTA 4, was the most overrated game of all-time hands down. It was a shell of what made the GTA series great. Bad enough reviewers wouldn't stop sucking the game's virtual p*n*s. (Check IGN's review).

Shadows of the Colossus was overrated? Please leave this thread lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

MGS4 this gen. And FF7 ever...actually GTA4 too. Lots to choose from. Doom 3...err, Street Fighter 4 even. Never seen so much hype for a downgrade in the series...

Of the current generation, yes halo3 would be the most overrated. Its an OK game but in no way does it deserve all the accolades it got, I swear even if it caused consoles to explode it would still have received 10s.

on the ps3 side I would have to pick LBP

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Gears of War 1. Never played a game that had such a high critical rating, loads of GOTY awards, and such praise from players to actually be so disturbed by it all. Generally with the highly rated games I could see how they got that rating even if I personally didn't like it... not with Gears of War. Gears of War 2, though, was an excellent game which I play quite often... but the first was a work in progress that was fixed by the second.

Around the Network

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
MGS4
GTA 4
GTA SA
GTA VC
GTA 3
FF 7
FF 8

Sorry about the confusion. I feel Oblivion and The World Ends with You are overrated. /leave

Pixel Art can be fun.

Pong.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Dragon Quest VIII is the most overrated game for me

Other overrated ones would be:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Okami
Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Brothers 64
Warcraft 3
Diablo II
Metal Gear Solid 3
Crysis
Call of Duty 4: MW
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Mass Effect
Fable

probably some more I'm missing

zexen_lowe said:

Dragon Quest VIII is the most overrated game for me

Other overrated ones would be:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Okami
Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Brothers 64
Warcraft 3
Diablo II
Metal Gear Solid 3
Crysis
Call of Duty 4: MW

probably some more I'm missing

Do you........do you want me to fight you? A few of those games don't even have 90+ ratings do they? (I'm looking at SSB64)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."