By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game of all time.

This gen:-

Grand Theft Auto IV
Super Mario Galaxy
Metal Gear Solid 4
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Uncharted
Street Fighter IV
Bioshock

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
zexen_lowe said:

Dragon Quest VIII is the most overrated game for me

Other overrated ones would be:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Okami
Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Brothers 64
Warcraft 3
Diablo II
Metal Gear Solid 3
Crysis
Call of Duty 4: MW

probably some more I'm missing

Do you........do you want me to fight you? A few of those games don't even have 90+ ratings do they? (I'm looking at SSB64)

Is it a req to have 90+? Still...lemme check what SSB has in meta...79...ok, lower than I thought, still much higher than the 50/60 I'd give to that game, but it may be crossed of the list if you wanna

zexen_lowe said:
SaviorX said:
zexen_lowe said:

Okami
Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers 64
Warcraft 3
Diablo II
Metal Gear Solid 3
Crysis

Do you........do you want me to fight you? A few of those games don't even have 90+ ratings do they? (I'm looking at SSB64)

Is it a req to have 90+? Still...lemme check what SSB has in meta...79...ok, lower than I thought, still much higher than the 50/60 I'd give to that game, but it may be crossed of the list if you wanna

Yea, I figure overrated is when game's ratings venture into the 90s range.

Okami, OK

FF9, didn't play it.

Kingdom Hearts-I enjoyed it, isn't the best series ever though (9,000 KH3 arguments lol)

Super Mario 64- My cousin adored that game, and the music was nicely done. Joystick hurts your thumb though, I think it deserves it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time..........There isn't enough space on the entire internet for me to type why I don't agree with you lol

......didn't play............didn't play........

Metal Gear  Solid 3- The best I've played in the series, but MGS gameplay overall isn't even that good. Yea, I said it.

COD4: MW- I played a little bit of it. Same ol' FPS stuff, campaign sucked. Online was fun though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

GTA4 and SF4 for me

I'm probably the only person here who hates the phrase overated, and here's why. Generally people call the more popular games overated since they're the minority who disliked the game, when you say a game is overated you are initially saying the game is much worse than those several million people think it is, that your opinion is better than theres is, even though the game sells millions and continuosly gets high scores.

EDIT: All in all, every popular game ever made is overated, because there has been and will always be some who dislikes it

Around the Network

Halo thre...Damn some ppl already beat me to it....Mine would be:
Left 4 dead and the half life series

SaviorX said:
zexen_lowe said:
SaviorX said:
zexen_lowe said:

Okami
Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers 64
Warcraft 3
Diablo II
Metal Gear Solid 3
Crysis

Okami, OK

FF9, didn't play it.

Kingdom Hearts-I enjoyed it, isn't the best series ever though (9,000 KH3 arguments lol)

Super Mario 64- My cousin adored that game, and the music was nicely done. Joystick hurts your thumb though, I think it deserves it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time..........There isn't enough space on the entire internet for me to type why I don't agree with you lol

Metal Gear  Solid 3- The best I've played in the series, but MGS gameplay overall isn't even that good. Yea, I said it.

COD4: MW- I played a little bit of it. Same ol' FPS stuff, campaign sucked. Online was fun though.

So, in the end, you only disagree strongly in one game I think it's good but not the masterpiece everyone paints it to be, an 8ish game if you wanna. See, nothing to fight about

The Half-Life games.

Wii sports

zexen_lowe said:
SaviorX said:
zexen_lowe said:
SaviorX said:
zexen_lowe said:

Okami
Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers 64
Warcraft 3
Diablo II
Metal Gear Solid 3
Crysis

Okami, OK

FF9, didn't play it.

So, in the end, you only disagree strongly in one game I think it's good but not the masterpiece everyone paints it to be, an 8ish game if you wanna. See, nothing to fight about

Fair enough. I don't know about you, but when I first experienced Ocarina of Time, I didn't get my life back for 2 years. Let's just put it that way lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."