By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATE: GT5 passes 10 million - Guess the lifetime sales for Uncharted 2, God Of War III and Gran Tursimo 5

this thread will just not die!!! lol

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 outperformed most peoples expectations, and even boosted Uncharted 1 sales significantly. God of War 3 and GT5 look about right.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:

Uncharted 2 outperformed most peoples expectations, and even boosted Uncharted 1 sales significantly. God of War 3 and GT5 look about right.

Something tells me you haven't read through this whole thread. God of War III is performing ahead of most expectations and it's too early to know anything on GT5 (except that it's ahead of some expectations as well).

OT: Back to crow serving.

OP predicted GoW3 to be 4.5 million, which looks to be spot on. Average prediction I see for this game is around 4 million, with a few 5 million predictions, and a bunch of 3-4 million predictions. That's roughly in line. Maybe there are more sub 4 million predictions then plus 4 million, but 4 million is about average (ignoring any troll 2 million, or plus 5 million votes).

If GoW3 sells 4.7 million lifetime, I don't think that's that far from 4 million.

So no, I don't see anything wrong with what I said. GoW3 and GT5 look about on track, and UC2 seriously outperformed (I blaime ratings, this get got significantly higher ratings then UC1 and after it's release UC1 sales did spike).

Wish I voted in this thread when it was relevant. People know my GT5 prediction though.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:

Something tells me you haven't read through this whole thread. God of War III is performing ahead of most expectations and it's too early to know anything on GT5 (except that it's ahead of some expectations as well).

OT: Back to crow serving.

OP predicted GoW3 to be 4.5 million, which looks to be spot on. Average prediction I see for this game is around 4 million, with a few 5 million predictions, and a bunch of 3-4 million predictions. That's roughly in line. Maybe there are more sub 4 million predictions then plus 4 million, but 4 million is about average (ignoring any troll 2 million, or plus 5 million votes).

If GoW3 sells 4.7 million lifetime, I don't think that's that far from 4 million.

So no, I don't see anything wrong with what I said. GoW3 and GT5 look about on track, and UC2 seriously outperformed (I blaime ratings, this get got significantly higher ratings then UC1 and after it's release UC1 sales did spike).

Wish I voted in this thread when it was relevant. People know my GT5 prediction though.

The OP's prediction is just one prediction. The average prediction in here for God of War III is 3 million. That's one of the reasons why this thread was ressurected in the first place, to poke fun at how wrong most were. The posts after God of War III's release are secondary thoughts, they aren't what I'm talking about.

As for your GT5 prediction, of course people know, and are waiting for Polyphony's update to begin more cookin'.

A lot of the people who predicted 3 million, gave a range, say 2-4 million. Looking though, the average is pretty close to 4 million. Maybe it's 3.7 million, or 3.9 million, I don't care. I did say there are more 3 million then 5 million votes, but if the game sells say 4.5 million lifetime, I wouldn't say an average of 3.5-4 million is that bad.

A lot of people did underpredict GoW 3 however, but many of the more intelligent posters gave the game a higher vote, and I'm not talking about votes in the last few pages.

Still the game is underpredicted generally, but not really by too much, and nowhere nearly as bad as Uncharted 2.

So again, I don't think I said anything wrong.

good thing i didnt post in here kinda surprised i missed the thread

i think U2 was the biggest surprise for all on here

i made a thread bout gow doing 3M before 2010 even ended after reading alot of posters saying it wouldnt match its ps2 games no one showed up

i dont think GT5 will end up any where near my projections

im disappointed with GT5 as a whole i really hope PD do some changes for there next game

U3 will be another beast i believe it will get most of U2 sales before 2011 ends meaning around 4m sold this yr, i would like to see sequels form gow and gt for the ps3 

looks like carl learned his lesson i dont think hed doubt U3 doing 4M this year 

Play Me

Around the Network

GOW3 sales predictions didnt look so bad in here but maybe that had to do with the OP and that it was made closer to the release of the game

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=101954&page=1

vgc must of adjusted there gt5 sales i dont remember it being that high so maybe 10M has a shot

Play Me

CGI-Quality said:
BHR-3 said:

good thing i didnt post in here kinda surprised i missed the thread

i think U2 was the biggest surprise for all on here

i made a thread bout gow doing 3M before 2010 even ended after reading alot of posters saying it wouldnt match its ps2 games no one showed up

i dont think GT5 will end up any where near my projections

im disappointed with GT5 as a whole i really hope PD do some changes for there next game

U3 will be another beast i believe it will get most of U2 sales before 2011 ends meaning around 4m sold this yr, i would like to see sequels form gow and gt for the ps3 

looks like carl learned his lesson i dont think hed doubt U3 doing 4M this year 

What's your prediction for GT5?

im not going to lie ive stated it will beat halo reachs LT sales and i think the only other known documation of my LT was in darths thread

i just never thought that the remaing car list besides the 200 premium cars that were always known would be form gt4 i think the game could of done so much better in the states with a better selection of american cars i always assumed it would match forza 3s car list

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=114292

Play Me

OMG & LOLs!!........i'm so shocked seeing how ppl were WAY OFF in their predictions for the most important PS3 franchises of all time.......this is my first time to see this thread & i ran through all this 17 pages just now!! & its an honer for me to participate in this amazing & extremely old thread;)

but to be honest i dont blame some of the early doubters coz they made their predictions before the HUGE success which the PS3 Slim had & still having after it got released in september 2009<<<<the same month i got my shiny black 80 gig PS3<3.

my predictions:

God Of War III: 6  million

Uncharted 2: 6  million

Gran Turismo 5: 9  million

Heavy Rain : 3 million<<<<<a bonus for CGI-Quality which i share your love for this breath of fresh air (heavy rain) & i love reading what you always write;)

CGI-Quality said:

I never thought it would beat Reach and still don't. Halo is just the stronger franchise this gen (in overall numbers, not throughout the world where GT is still bigger), but GT5 can still clear 10 million with the right timing of price cuts & holiday deals (not to mention a potential bundle here or there).

i believe the exact words were

"I'm thinking they'll be even (give or take - both 10 mill or so)"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111855&page=1

man that was a good read in that thread win or lose thats what its about for me

Play Me