By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next Million Seller For The PS3

I hope that Uncharted does well in Europe, I have seen 1 TV ad for, although it sucks, because it has a Nathan Drake like voice (which I don't think is him) giving a voice over of some footage (I don't think in game) talking about how clever the PS3 is and how it is 1 step ahead of you always. Anyway, I imported it, but every PS3 owner should get it

Around the Network

I seen an ad for it today too and it was a good one! I think this is a must-have game for anyone that has a PS3, and also serves as a good reason to buy a PS3 for those that are waiting for great games to be released.

Everyone that i know who has a PS3 are getting this game and also a lot of them have recently jumped-ship from the 360 due to their's dying... 

Long term... Ratchet & Clank + Uncharted when coming down to Sony published franchises. Resistance will go beyond 2 million but right now I think COD4 is stealing its thunder.

Otherwise FIFa 08', PES 2008, COD4 & Assassin's Creed will become the first 3rd party franchises to go above 1 million some time by the end of December or at the start of next year.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

jhlennon1 said:
Parokki said:
Looks like Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's are definitely making it this year. Maybe UT3, although the shooter genre is pretty crowded at the moment, and almost certainly the new Gran Turismo when it comes out.

Uncharted and Ratchet are solid games, but don't have a chance at reaching a million.

That remains to be seen for Uncharted. Software for the PS3 is doing very well in Europe and Europe do favor Action/Adventure games so that makes Uncharted fit right in. I can definitely see the game selling much better in Europe then in the US.

I think the case here is that US sales are stronger for pretty much any game, but we just started getting proper European data on the eve of the holiday shopping frenzy. Consoles only hit the mainstream with the first Playstation here in Europe, and the most popular genres seem to be the really casual ones like Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto, and Nintendogs.

Even with holiday sales, I think Uncharted will struggle to reach 700k worldwide. I could be wrong of course, since the end of the year can get pretty crazy.

Remember that R&C is now bundled with the 80GB model in NA. that is bound to help it's sales for this year.

Around the Network

Warhawk?

i think it will be devil may cry 4 , mgs4 and GTA4.

$5 off each $50 purchase
Discount code: RE-XMA-SAA
Use the discount code @ playasia to save $.
White dual shock 3 from playasia
Black dual shock 3 from playasia

@Saiyar: Is it? So why is it selling so much less than Motorstorm?

I think Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed in the same week will pass the million mark.

p.s. What does "PES" stand for? I've seen it a lot.

zeq said:
i think it will be devil may cry 4 , mgs4 and GTA4.

No

next sellers

Call of duty 4

Assassins creed

Warhawk

mM