By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Next Million Seller For The PS3

The answer remains MGS4. Even if something like CoD4 eventually gets to 1 million, it will be after MGS4 gets there in mid-2008 (unless it's delayed).
And all the Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet and Eye of Judgment folks will be eating crow.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

i think MGS4 will do 600 K worlwide first week, and 1 million by the end of the first month

@sinha: CoD4 made 0.33 mln (according to vgchartz) in its first week. Your underestimate this game and Holiday rush, imo it will break 1 million this year.

kamil said:
@sinha: CoD4 made 0.33 mln (according to vgchartz) in its first week. Your underestimate this game and Holiday rush, imo it will break 1 million this year.

Damn I keep forgetting about sales outside the US, I thought CoD4 was only at 180k.  Yeah, it should break 1 million before MGS4.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Well really no current game released has much of a chance, aside from previously mentioned COD4. So Uncharted maybe?

Around the Network

Uncharted or Killzone 2

@sinha: In America the "next" (in fact the first) million seller for PS3 will be with no doubt Resistance (it's around 900k now).

Resistance: Fall of ManSony1.94m
MotorstormSony1.67m
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareActivision0.79m
Assassins CreedUbisoft0.74m
FIFA 08EA Sports0.67m

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008Konami0.58m

This is how top5 ps3 games looks now acording to vgchartz. I also added PES becouse it's Others' and Japan' numbers are splited. In fact PES 2008 should be on 5th place with 0.72 mln. It's quite clear that next million sellers for Ps3 will be Assasin's Creed and CoD4. AC is selling a little better (it was released a week later than CoD) and should overtake CoD soon. So either AC will be 3rd PS3' millon seller and CoD4 will break million week after or both games will break a million mark in the same week.

Both PES and Fifa are doing good and probably will become 5th and 6th PS3' million seller. At the end of the year Fifa should be around 800k and PES around 900k but maybe Uncharted will surpriese us in Europe (US data aren't good enough)?

Call of Duty 4 is getting close with already some 750K units worlwide and christmas ahead .Assasins Creed is also a good bet it wil pass one million in some weeks .Both footie games Fifa 08 and PES2008 should get to 1 million too .Maybe even Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank have an opportunity .

Well its clear at this point that both COD4 and AC will hit the million soon ... also I see some great NFS : Prostreet sales in the EU ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!