By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

Price is not a negative for live it is what allows it to surpass psn In every way and will continue to do so.

Around the Network

You get what you pay for. If someone is paying what? $5 a month for an inferior service I'll be damned.

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Xigmund said:
You get what you pay for. If someone is paying what? $5 a month for an inferior service I'll be damned.

Live is better, but $40 a year better?

I would rather spend my $40 on a game or possibly 2 used and/or on sale titles than spend it on basic online play which I can get for free on my PS3, PC and Wii.

More games > Online with chat features I could care less about in my opinion.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
I would rather spend my $40 on a game or possibly 2 used and/or on sale titles than spend it on basic online play which I can get for free on my PS3, PC and Wii.

LMAO, basic online play? The Wii has almost non-existant online, the PS3 is basic, the 360 is great, and the PC is not in this discussion because it has nothing to do with consoles and is in a league by itself because a good PC costs a minimum of a grand so it better be fully capable...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

fat princess

err.. i mean psn

madkiller said:
Euphoria14 said:

LMAO, basic online play? The Wii has almost non-existant online, the PS3 is basic, the 360 is great, and the PC is not in this discussion because it has nothing to do with consoles and is in a league by itself because a good PC costs a minimum of a grand so it better be fully capable...

It's obvious what side of the fence you sit on. PSN is hardly 'basic' compared to Live. 

And Euphoria is right. I'd rather have Fat Princess, Wipeout HD, Flower, Super Stardust and PSN (£30), than Xbox Live (£32).

Taz! said:
madkiller said:
Euphoria14 said:

It's obvious what side of the fence you sit on. PSN is hardly 'basic' compared to Live. 

And Euphoria is right. I'd rather have Fat Princess, Wipeout HD, Flower, Super Stardust and PSN (£30), than Xbox Live (£32).

First off, the PSN does not have anywhere near more games than Xbox Live. Secondly, those games you mentioned are all crap IMO, especially Flower and Fat Princess. I would much rather have Shadow Complex, Fallout 3 DLC way before PSN, MvC2 a few weeks earlier, etc etc etc. And just for clarification I have owned ALL of Sony's consoles and know what I am talking about...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Live...

I have a question for everyone that is kind of interesting maybe... What do you define as Live vs. PSN...

There are a lot of responses in the thread, but some center around things like available content, purchase/downloadable games, etc... I don't really consider how many videos you can buy or downloadable games part of the network... To me, the functionality and integration with things (PSP, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Browser, etc.) you want are part of the network experience, not the content.

madkiller said:
Taz! said:
madkiller said:
Euphoria14 said:

First off, the PSN does not have anywhere near more games than Xbox Live. Secondly, those games you mentioned are all crap IMO, especially Flower and Fat Princess. I would much rather have Shadow Complex, Fallout 3 DLC way before PSN, MvC2 a few weeks earlier, etc etc etc. And just for clarification I have owned ALL of Sony's consoles and know what I am talking about...

Well, Im a quality over quantity kind of guy, so I don't care about the number of games. I'm also in shock, are you telling me you would rather have DLC a few weeks earlier than have Flower, Fat Princess, Stardust, Wipeout, Pixel Junk Monsters etc? I know it's you're opinion, but 'crap' isn't a suitable word to describe these games. 

I'm guessing from that comment you love your shooters more than anything else, am I right?