By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

I only rarely hear about big games coming for PSN, but it seems like the hits never stop on XBLA.

Live has Summer of Arcade, Live has my vote.

Around the Network

PSN - why? because they have Castle Crashers(yes it was anounced that it was going o be made for the psn) braid and fat princess. these are my 3 favourite downloadable games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/22/castle-crashers-storming-ps3-playable-at-comic-con/

Live, no contest.

Live has always been in a completely different league to PSN and with the new 360 dash update the gap has just got a whole lot bigger, i'm in the dash preview now and it adds a LOT of features to an already feature packed service, then there will be another dash update in the fall with facebook, twitter, lastfm and sky player, you seriously think psn can match that? exactly...

The PSN will never catch up, it's free for a reason lol, but for a free service it is good though, PSN pi*ses all over wii's online features but that isn't saying a lot tbh.

I browse and download a bit from PSN but only use it a few times a month compared to xbox live which I use each and every day without fail.

PSN, just because it's free.
I don' t have too much time for play..so i won't pay to play online

Around the Network

LIVE.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Live:

The reason is that I live in New Zealand and I get far better performance playing games with people from Europe and America than I do with PSN. Playing people from Europe is unplayable whereas on Live its doable with noticeable lag.

So for me Live is the only useable online network for consoles.

Tease.

I don't own a PS3, but just the fact that it is free makes it better in my eyes. I hate paying for Live.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Xbox live is better. But not by far.

Live by a LONG shot. Having owned a PS3 I can easily say that it lacks many, many features that Live has. Also, the PSN has NOT surpassed Live in active users, and it does not have nearly as many great games or DLC. Most of the games on PSN are crap IMO. Plus, I am in the new Live update preview where many new features have been added that the PSN doesn't have and there will be several more updates in the fall with all the other new features including Facebook, Twitter, Last.FM, etc. PSN will never be able to catch Live for the simple fact that it is free and Sony can't afford to put as much into the PSN, especially since they are STILL losing money every single quarter...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"