By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

PSN gets better but Live still has the big advantage. Better communications and more things to do with friends.

If PSN had a in-game chat feature, there's nothing else I would want for it.

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Around the Network

Live - better voice chat, easier to join mates games, party system.

Doesn't Fat Princess have in game chat?

@ DirtyP2002

"Live easily.

•Cross game chat
•Video on Demand (still not available in Europe for PSN)
•More content
•Monkey Island (nuff said)
•Games on Demand
•Last FM / Twitter / Facebook integrated
•Windows Live Messenger / Windows Media Center
•Everybody (!!!) has a headset"

- This.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

The one I don't have to pay for.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Well we can say they both are epic and both offer alot to keep us happy. But when 3.0 comes out, then we can say PSN is better. Although im wishing for Premium Services (say 30 bucks a year) and we get access to every Qore episode and extra stuff like Developer commentraires and tips and tricks also.

the one which i have

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Live has the extra features but imo PSN is better because it can do most of the things live can do, has better games and has Vidzone all for free (of course the games are not free).

I say live because the whole system is built around the always connected aspect.
PSN is a bit different. Seperate XMB tabs and a funky friends list system.
So live is superior, but PSN is free. It mostly ties to the console though. The NXE is really nice now that I've gotten used to it, 1vs100 and netflix are also big deals.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@Alkamist Star

PS3 has a web brower for Facebook

PS3 can have Netflix with the use of a media server called Playon. 

All my friends have headsets but alot of people don't since it doesnt come with one 

More content? PSN has a crapload of exclusive games but Live has more dlc content. 

PS3 will get cross-game chat with update 3.00 to be realeased this year. 

Also for those who are confused and think that we are talking about in-game chat, no. The official ps3 mic has noise-canceling and high quality mode, 2 things the xbox mic doesn't have.