By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

Ronster316 mentioned a few things that is pretty cool, like Streets of Rage with some online play but still not enough to warrant me spending $40.

Some may say that I am wrong for me thinking PSN is better, but for me I just feel like I have much better things to waste $40 on.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

come on guys, Live is obviously the better sevice.

First of all, @Taz you like how playstation is organized on the XMB better than xbox's organization? You do realize that the only difference between the 2 is horizontal versus vertical right?

as far as features, live has way more. cross game chat (with up to 8 people parties) is huge, probably the biggest difference. It also has netflix (soon to be combined with video parties where you and your firends can stream the same movie at the same time), 1vs 100, demo's for every game, way quicker updates, built in msn messenger so you can communcate with friends on their computers, easy invite options for friends.

The ps3 does pretty well being free, they have home and text chat support. They also have limited friends list options, but nothing close to being on par with xbox live.

As far as content goes, they aren't anywhere close to each other. XBLA has a HUGE amount of content to choose from with some pretty spectacular games. People have already talked about different titles, so I won't mention particulars. There are also all the xbox originals, that have great games like halo 1 &2, jade empire, dreamfall, indigo prophecy, and more. Plus, every game has demo's and screenshots available so you can tell if you will like it before you buy it.

PSN is doing better, but again, nothing near LIve. They have some awesome titles, and percentage wise, there is a higher percentage of better quality titles, but that doesn't change the fact that there are more good titles on Live.

Basically, PSN is an awesome service for free. I use it all the time. I just don't ever see it ever being on par with Live. It's free, which means they will never have the financial backing that Live has to upgrade on a consitent basis.

there is no way in hell live even has half as good titles as psn, Im sorry I havent gotten the same innovative unique experience on XBL that I have on PSN.

Also the only reason PSN is taking so long to "catch up" is because our loving Microsoft patented every single feature, Sony had to take out a load of in game features from launch because of these patents..

mM

Live is the better service. But PSN has improved a lot since its inception.

^ No offense but majority of what you just mentioned means squat to a gamer like me.

I don't buy 1 game and play it online for a long period of time. I am lucky if I game online for 30-40 hours a year.

I just like having it there if and when I feel like using it. Plus I don't care for communication over the net.

I like the people here but to be quite honest if I wanted to really sit and chat with someone during a game it would be with someone at the house with me.

I don't like talking to a TV set. Hell I even hate talking on the phone.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

We have this thread every 3 months people and as usual, live comes out on top with having more features. I accept that, and frankly so what? If i had to pay for psn, i would have cared way more.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

ps3 for the main reason that you can play with your friends for free

@psrock

Would you pay for PSN if they charged for it?

With me I wouldn't play online what so ever if PSN charged as well.

Currently playing:

live, simply because i'm always on it playing games. i hardly play any games online on the psn. that may not be the ps3's fault though.

Euphoria14 said:
@psrock

Would you pay for PSN if they charged for it?

With me I wouldn't play online what so ever if PSN charged as well

I am not in the mind set to buy a game for 60 dollars and then have to pay money to play online which i already pay my internet services anyway.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)