By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs. Xbox Live - which is better now?

KylieDog said:
AlkamistStar said:
@ DirtyP2002

"Live easily.

•Cross game chat
•Video on Demand (still not available in Europe for PSN)
•More content
•Monkey Island (nuff said)
•Games on Demand
•Last FM / Twitter / Facebook integrated
•Windows Live Messenger / Windows Media Center
•Everybody (!!!) has a headset"

- This.

Those features are negatives or conflicting. 

Cross game chat for example.   You list everyone having mics as a benefit, yet if people are using cross-game chat then the other people in those games cannot talk or listen to them, so anyone who uses cross game chat is as good as someone who doesn't have a mic to everyone else in the game, and to the guy using cross game chat it is like everyone else has no mic either.   That is ignoring the fact that most people don't even use their mics anyway.

A lot of those in the list the PS3 can do thanks to its web browser also, vid on demand, radio, twitter, facebook + infinitely more.

What about

• Primetime (1 vs 100 is just the start and it is free and you can win real prizes)
  • Video Chat
  • Video Messages
  • Instant 1080p streaming --> again there is still NO VoD on PSN in Europe at all
  • Netflix
  • Sky (UK) / Canal + (France)
  • Indie Games

There are tons of things I can do on Xbox Live but not on PSN. There are just a very few things on PSN I can't do on XBL. Well the browser and Home, but thats about it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I never used live since I don't feel like paying $50 per year for a service I wouldn't use enough to warrant a purchase. From what I've played on PSN it seems good enough if you just want to play some games online, though I'd expect Live runs most games better on the whole. It's most likely worth it to people to are heavy into online gaming, but all I really do is maybe a few hours a week or so on a fighting game, and outside of KoF XII (which has horrible netcode on both Live & PSN), I really haven't experienced anything that would make me think purchasing Live would be worthwhile for me.

Pokemon is better than both, though. The game, not its online interface.

DirtyP2002 said:
KylieDog said:
AlkamistStar said:
@ DirtyP2002

"Live easily.

•Cross game chat
•Video on Demand (still not available in Europe for PSN)
•More content
•Monkey Island (nuff said)
•Games on Demand
•Last FM / Twitter / Facebook integrated
•Windows Live Messenger / Windows Media Center
•Everybody (!!!) has a headset"

- This.

Those features are negatives or conflicting. 

Cross game chat for example.   You list everyone having mics as a benefit, yet if people are using cross-game chat then the other people in those games cannot talk or listen to them, so anyone who uses cross game chat is as good as someone who doesn't have a mic to everyone else in the game, and to the guy using cross game chat it is like everyone else has no mic either.   That is ignoring the fact that most people don't even use their mics anyway.

A lot of those in the list the PS3 can do thanks to its web browser also, vid on demand, radio, twitter, facebook + infinitely more.

What about

• Primetime (1 vs 100 is just the start and it is free and you can win real prizes)
  • Video Chat
  • Video Messages
  • Instant 1080p streaming --> again there is still NO VoD on PSN in Europe at all
  • Netflix
  • Sky (UK) / Canal + (France)
  • Indie Games

There are tons of things I can do on Xbox Live but not on PSN. There are just a very few things on PSN I can't do on XBL. Well the browser and Home, but thats about it.

you never used PSN RIGHT?!.

ps3 have videochat why do you think the PS3 Eye is for? it also come with built it mic a 120FPS webcam.

PlayTV that works on SKY and every other DVB.

the ps3 support streaming, movies are mp4. u can play them while they download even at 1080p.

the ps3 have home where they also give real prizes in certain events, and things like when ubisoft stream it conference, and E3 conference just abit after it was aired.

I'm using both and XBOX Live is still light years ahead of PSN.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
^- What about now? there equal right now.

Happy?

Do you actually list their qualities side by side or do you just say that to make yourself feel better?

Around the Network
JOhnyBravoos said:
Right now, PSN is better. But only because of the web browser! If it's no web browsing then it's LIVE>PSN ;]

Since when was web browsing a deciding factor on who has the best online gaming? WOW.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
shio said:
PSN is the best choice because it's free.

Xbox Live is a rip off, and is nowhere the awesomeness that Steam is (and Steam is free!)

I agree the Fee is very greedy on MS's part, and yeah Steam is Free to lol.

Yes....so greedy. I thank Microsoft for all the extra DLC, exclusives, shows, extra community games, and ways to communicate that PSN cannot get because people don't pay. Yes...people don't get what they pay for. Why don't you complain about buying a PS3 game which costs $60 and you will finish possibly in two weeks, rather than bashing a superior experience that lasts a year for ten dollars less. If Xbox Live was freem it would still be vastly superior (obviously because Microsoft thinks of everything and then Sony rips it) to PSN. It just wouldn't be as awesome as it is now, because they couldn't invest it in things like Last. FM, Facebook, Twitter, or gaining extra games and DLC. The Xbox wouldn't get as many great upgrades as it does. Its greed on the part of the consumer, who doesn't want to support companies and welcome quality.

PSN

Web browser
Vidzone
FREE
More dedicated servers
Play TV

LIVE

Cross game chat
Facebook
More content
Easier to Navigate
Sky

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JOhnyBravoos said:
Right now, PSN is better. But only because of the web browser! If it's no web browsing then it's LIVE>PSN ;]

Since when was web browsing a deciding factor on who has the best online gaming? WOW.

Since when has intergrated Facebook/Last.FM/Twitter support and Video services been a deciding factor on who has the best online gaming? WOW seems fine for people to state that doesn't it ;]

Anyhow I've played numerous of games using the Web Browser so in a way, it has enhanced my gaming experience =]

PSN users/Fanboys need to understand that a free service can't compete with a paying service.

The duo XBL+NXE keeps evolving faster than PSN. PSN is more a feature than a service

Feature >
/thread.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.