By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks: Monster Hunter 3's graphic put pressure on Zelda team

If the idea that Capcom is pushing the limits makes Nintendo want to work on Zelda a even harder visually, I'm all for it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

nintendo cares about graphics now ?

PullusPardus said:
nintendo cares about graphics now ?

Nintendo has always cared about graphics, their games are usually the ones that show what a game should look like on their platforms.

Just because they went with a less powerful console this generation for several reasons, doesn't mean they don't care about taking advantage of every single resource the Wii has to offer.

arsenal009 said:
I have a feeling the graphics are that good due to loading every 2 seconds. I'd rather have worse graphics in Nintendo games w/o having to deal w loading issues.

Yeah, each tiny section looks great, but then you run 10 feet [LOAD] run 10 feet [LOAD] run 10 feet [LOAD]

If they did that with zelda, it would probably be the first zelda game I didn't finish...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
CrashMan said:
arsenal009 said:
I have a feeling the graphics are that good due to loading every 2 seconds. I'd rather have worse graphics in Nintendo games w/o having to deal w loading issues.

Yeah, each tiny section looks great, but then you run 10 feet [LOAD] run 10 feet [LOAD] run 10 feet [LOAD]

If they did that with zelda, it would probably be the first zelda game I didn't finish...

I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Ninty has never had a problem with too much loading times. ^_^

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
arsenal009 said:

I don't think this is very likely (having to deal with loading).  Nintendo went with cartridges to avoid loading....they really don't like it either.

well, loading times on the wii are slow anyhow, and they could probably have found out a way to implement background loading, such as loading any posible areas you're close to so it's all loaded in by the time you get there if you choose to go there.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:
well, loading times on the wii are slow anyhow, and they could probably have found out a way to implement background loading, such as loading any posible areas you're close to so it's all loaded in by the time you get there if you choose to go there.

Nintendo already did that with Wind Waker

the_bloodwalker said:
vonboysp said:

Nintendo already did that with Wind Waker

just stating that if they havn't done it, they are lazy.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

So are u saying Capcom was lazy with Monster Hunter?