By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GOONL!NE: Congratulations, Activision, You've Scared Everyone Off.

If nobody else has mentioned it, don't forget the $10 price hike of the PC version.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
Acti used to be one of my favorite pubs.
Now they are another EA. Except EA is trying to piss everybody off with their advertising campaign's now.

Yes, but you are excited about Dante's Inferno too, aren't you?

@ OP:

Who says all games need to be $60? Supply and demand says Activision SHOULD sell COD6 at a higher price point. That's smart business, not dumb.

You're upset with Activision for releasing a game of such high quality, interest and demand that so many people want to buy it? And it's their fault that people are moving out of Q4?

How dare they make something so many people want. They should be killed. And how dare they try and make money off it. What kind of successful company are they trying to be? I know if I am selling or trading MY games, I always sell them at the lowest price possible.

If you have a problem with the price, then DON'T BUY IT. But they have every right in the world to set their product at any price they want.

Activision is evil for other reasons - like the BRutal legend lawsuit, the whole "franchisable games only" policy, the raping of the Guitar Hero series, etc.

But this is not the reason to be mad at them.

$60 for a bad game is WAY more offensive than $70 for a great game.

And this is from someone who does not plan on buying any Activiison products due to my disagreement with their policies. I bought 50 games in the last 12 months or so on various platforms and not an Activision one in the bunch.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Slimebeast said:
Strategyking92 said:
Acti used to be one of my favorite pubs.
Now they are another EA. Except EA is trying to piss everybody off with their advertising campaign's now.

Yes, but you are excited about Dante's Inferno too, aren't you?

I used to be. If I do play the game it will be a used copy with a big f*ck you EA! written on the disc when I trade it back in.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

fastyxx said:

$60 for a bad game is WAY more offensive than $70 for a great game.

/thread. Now everyone just gtfo....

Around the Network

They Left out Let 4 Dead 2......

CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:

Ha thats great, but they are loosing the ps3 audience with there recent acts, first off the COD4 servers have been hacked and you cant play cod4 without getting cheated off, secondly they threathen sony for a price cut... oh and lets not forget raising the price of there games just beause they know people are going to buy it even if its more costly to buy a certain edition than a PS2 console..

honestly PS3 gamers should not be happy with activision.. I myself have never been happy with them, as they only ride off the guitar hero and Call of duty franchises, the rest of the games they make are mediocrity at best..

Ive never been happy about EA either for just porting horrible ports to the ps3, but I see that has changed.. but still Ive not see an an innovative quality title from EA other than Mirror's edge.

What were your impressions of Burnout Paradise and Dead Space? I felt those were both quality titles from them. Also, did you play either Skate games, they too were good games. I actually think EA has done better this gen than most other gens to be honest.

I haven't played Dead Space, but Burnout Paradise was far from innovative. It moved in completely the wrong direction. What kind of racing game doesn't have splitscreen?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Agreed.

Great read.

They are the old EA...

THe new EA however is not to shabby, mirrors edge is a great example of that.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Agreed.

Great read.

They are the old EA...

THe new EA however is not to shabby, mirrors edge is a great example of that.

Three words.

EA

Sports

MMA.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm glad Activision is the old EA. I like the new EA much more than I like the old Activision anyway.