By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony reveals lifetime sales for PS3 and PS3 titles

wat the hell is up with these "shipped post" everywhere i made a thread which stated that the ps3 SOLD 22.8 and 360 SOLD 31.4 and everybody came in it and just posted shipped http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81383

then this thread says that the ps3 sold 23.8 and theres the shipped post again so wat the hell is it at under 22.8

idc wat u all say i know that the ps3s sales explosion is about to happen this year and then there wont be all this nit picking about ps3 sales

Play Me

Around the Network

Goodness. The game sent to retailers and PSN sales are totaled together.

How hard is that to believe. Sony isn't suddenly going to start compiling data from all sales trackers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kowenicki said:
@carl... did you read the thread?

I was in the thread when it was happening, i just didn't post.

But thinking about it, 800k+ on shelves seems really odd.

I personally think VGC has PS3 undertracked, yes.

Dont know by how many, but i think it is.

So I had to dodge bullets left and right in the other thread, and now it's plausible? My, how fast the world turns.

Around the Network

Dude, really? I forget what a blue name means, but I'm disappointed in one of the blue names in this thread.

It's easy to mix the PSN AND retail games. Both numbers are sold, one is to consumers (PSN), one is to retailers (Disc games). Both are easy for Sony to track. Sony DOES NOT track retailer --> consumer.

I cannot believe the amount of ignorance that has gone on for 5 pages in this thread.

Currently playing: Civ 6

So uh no one cares to explain why i was gettin shipped posts in my thread wen it stated 22.8 instead of 23.8?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81383

Play Me

cdude1034 said:
Dude, really? I forget what a blue name means, but I'm disappointed in one of the blue names in this thread.

It's easy to mix the PSN AND retail games. Both numbers are sold, one is to consumers (PSN), one is to retailers (Disc games). Both are easy for Sony to track. Sony DOES NOT track retailer --> consumer.

I cannot believe the amount of ignorance that has gone on for 5 pages in this thread.

Its not impossible either for them to track consumer sales, there are plenty of ways to do this.

Sony has always counted shipped units as sold in their financial statements. Some units could be in transit, in warehouses or on retail store shelves.

kowenicki said:
wow... and now staff are questioning VGC numbers....

who is questioning our numbers?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453