By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soriku talks to JL: Inquiries about 8th Generation & more

My god what happens to the VC games we bought on the Wii?...i never thought of this before, i'm not buying them again for the next console. You can put VC games on SD right?, but they are coded so how would they transfer?

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Soriku said:

I don't understand what you're saying.

I know, and that's okay.

lmao!!

mM
TWRoO said:
My god what happens to the VC games we bought on the Wii?...i never thought of this before, i'm not buying them again for the next console. You can put VC games on SD right?, but they are coded so how would they transfer?

Maybe something along the lines of entering the friend code from your Wii and it automatically sending them?

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Simple... You'll be able to transfer the games via your Nintendo account. It'll work much in the same way that transfering your online settings on your DS works.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
johnlucas said:

As for Kingdom Hearts III?

Wii.

It's only natural.

I think this prediction lives or dies based on Disney's say so. Squeenix is far too invested in the Sony or so it would seem.

As it stands, the only way KH3 would not be made for the PS3 is if Disney intervened in a big way or Squeenix did some major internal reprioritizaiton.

I don't understand what you're saying.

What words is meaning is that the rights to Kingdom Hearts is owned by Square Enix and Disney jointly and even though Disney plans on only focusing on the Wii since Square is the one making the game not Disney's developers unless Disney forces Square to making it for the Wii it will be on the PS3.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
johnlucas said:

As for Kingdom Hearts III?

Wii.

It's only natural.

I think Soriku can have his lap-dance now.

NOOOOOOOOOO leo-j, don't kill yourself, you have FFXIII!

Zucas said:
Why do people always call it Wii 2. I'm pretty sure the correct codename is proably N6. That's usually what we do for early codenames on Nintendo consoles.

I prefer to call it the Nintendo Yoo, though I've also liked the Nintendo Uus. 

John Lucas,

There will be no "Wii 2." Nintendo will move to their next console when they have new, disruptive, audience-expanding ideas which they cannot accomplish with Wii.

While developing things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, it's only natural they'll come upon things they can't do with Wii. We know that Nintendo holds onto ideas, sometimes for decades, until they can implement them properly. Miis were a concept in the 80s, and both Pikmin and Super Mario Galaxy spring from the infamous "Mario 128" project. Franchises like Zelda and Metroid have gone without iterations for 7 or 8 years, only to return with landmarks like Ocarina and Prime.

They aren't about to stop coming up with new gameplay concepts. They'll probably come up with more than anyone ever has before. And they won't be able to implement them all on Wii.

No, they won't release a virtual reality whatsamacallit. Not until they can make it look inviting and fun, without helmets and all sorts of sensers. Everyone wants to jump to this ultimate conclusion of gaming as 'virtual reality,' but Wii Sports and Wii Fit really aren't linear steps towards that conclusion. They are another thing entirely.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Soriku said:

Just like MH3 and Fatal Frame 4 are on PS3, right? No, the KH rights 100% belong to Disney. SE only own the FF characters. That's all. And SE isn't automatically going to PS3. What kind of wacked logic is that? Have you even CONSIDERED other reasons it'll be on the Wii? Besides sales and popularity (which is a HUGE factor). I won't list any reasons because I've done that many more times than I can count. You, sir, don't know what you're talking about. Neither does WoW.

I will explain my reasoning from start to finish so you can understand it. And yes, I'll type this slowly just for you.

One of Square Enix's biggest franchises is to be exclusive to the Playstation 3. Unless things change and Square Enix reprioritizes, this is a fact. This franchise is Final Fantasy. This franchise is often hailed as Square Enix's flagship series even above titles like Star Ocean and Dragon Quest. The success of this game, as with any game, is based on the success of its console. If the console's sales are high, the consumer base for the game is large, and thus the game will be profitable. If the console's sales are low, the consumer base for the game is small, and thus the game will range from less profitable to unprofitable.

Square Enix wants to make profitable games. Right now, they have committed a major title to the Playstation 3. It is in their best interests for the Playstation 3 to succeed. Having to cut their losses especially on a major franchise, their Final Fantasy franchise, would not make them happy.

Enter Kingdom Hearts 3. This is another new (only 5 years old) yet large franchise with a suprisingly large following. If Square Enix can place this title on the Playstation 3 and attract more customers to the Playstation 3 camp, they will in turn increase sales of their Final Fantasy franchise. Remember, a console with a larger base is likely to sell more games. In this way, large and profitable titles can benefit merely from the presence of one another.

The problem, however, is that I can assure you with almost total certainty that Disney does not give a shit about Final Fantasy. They care about Kingdom Hearts. That's what will make them money. Also remember, Disney is in the business of making money. Right now, the money is in the Wii. Why? Ah, you remember, the larger user base. Also consider, what crowd does Disney target the most? Do you think it's the so-called "hardcore" gamer? If you do, you should consider renting out the vast empty space between your ears as you're obviously not using it for anything worthwhile.

It is in Disney's best interest to have their game appear on the most "kid-friendly" console which also happens to have the largest user base. This isn't a startling idea rather it is painfully obvious. The real questions become who has the final say on this and is Disney paying attention to the console market? If Disney is indeed paying attention, which it would be foolish to doubt otherwise, they will pressure Square Enix to move the franchise to the Wii. If not, the point is moot. From there, it comes down to who makes the final decision. If Disney has enough leverage, and I'm positively certain they have more than enough, Square Enix will comply.

These are the real reasons games may go where they go. Despite those, it's astonishing to see the number of people who will simply claim "Disney owns the game so they'll put it on the Wii" however when dealing with companies, particularly companies who have had very successful past business ventures together, it is unwise to deal rudely with one another. Disney has no need to offend Square Enix at this moment and everything to gain by keeping them at the head of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. To think Disney would use ownership in such a blunt and tactless manner is to only display one's ignorance of the business world.

This explanation should be more than satisfactory and I have made every attempt to keep it simple in the hopes that Soriku will be able to follow the logical flow of my reasoning. I wonder if Soriku understands now. I hope he does. However, even if he still cannot comprehend it, at least I know that John Lucas will likely enjoy reading the above.

To those who managed to read all of the above, thank you for your time.

I read it, but I disagree with you because there's one major fact you probably don't remember: Square stated they won't put any money on new PS3 games development until sales of the PS3 pick up. That doesn't seem to be the case, and since Kingdom Hearts III's development hasn't even been started, by the time it is started the gap between the Wii and the PS3 will be too large to ignore, so Square would go for the Wii even if Disney had no say in it.