By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soriku talks to JL: Inquiries about 8th Generation & more

Soriku recently asked me some questions about the 8th generation and a few other things.

To put it down for the record for posterity's sake I felt it would be nice to have this discussion made public. I asked Soriku's permission of course. Let me know what you think.

Original title from Soriku:

'I want to see your prediction on future Wii third-party support and Wii 2 third-party support'

Do you think the Wii 2 will be like the PS2? What do you think Wii's T-P support will be like? I wanna see some predictions

And where do you think Kingdom Hearts III will go?

In public , in private or both? I'll do both.

Quite honestly I have no idea what Nintendo has in plan after Wii. Their 8th generation console may be so different than the consoles we have now it might be near impossible to predict. Wii will last for over 5 years. The 8th gen might be delayed by a few years afterwards. That Nintendo GO thing from a little while back, fan video or not, is the only thing I can see at this point. I know one day that Nintendo will make the first functional virtual reality system. I feel the return of the Virtual Boy (in soul anyway) is a future Nintendo product.

Wii One is already passed the PS2 so Wii Two will be nothing like that at all. My biggest concern is how will Nintendo persuade people to leave the Wii for another console. This Wii will be absolutely beloved and with this new audience I wonder how they can move forward. They'll do it I know but I'm not just sure how yet.

Compare Wii 2's support to SNES from NES. This also depends on any competitors in the field which strangely I see none. I don't think MS will stay in this game business long term. I KNOW Sony is leaving. This PS3 thing will wreck them. Somebody new from left field may come into this. Maybe from Europe or somewhere. Who knows?  But Wii 2's support like every generation initially builds on the support of the last. Wii will have the lion's share of dev support this gen so Wii 2 will already have a headstart.

As for Kingdom Hearts III?

Wii.

It's only natural.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network
johnlucas said:

Wii One is already passed the PS2 so Wii Two will be nothing like that at all. My biggest concern is how will Nintendo persuade people to leave the Wii for another console. This Wii will be absolutely beloved and with this new audience I wonder how they can move forward. They'll do it I know but I'm not just sure how yet.

John Lucas

I think that in Wii project and in the future Nintendo systems there will be one soul but different body.  The Virtual Console could have the role of iTunes in iPod business. The new audience catered by Nintendo could follow the N6 ( Wii 2 ) because they know that is compatible with VC. Obviously Nintendo must fill VC with many games and must made VC the standard Distribution Channel for Game Developer.  In the near future all Nintendo handheld will be compatible with VC and Nintendo home systems.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

johnlucas said:

As for Kingdom Hearts III?

Wii.

It's only natural.

I think this prediction lives or dies based on Disney's say so.  Squeenix is far too invested in the Sony or so it would seem. 

As it stands, the only way KH3 would not be made for the PS3 is if Disney intervened in a big way or Squeenix did some major internal reprioritizaiton.

... I was thinking with Jennifer Lopez..... What a dissapointment :(;

KH3 on wii?

OMG not this again..

mM
Around the Network

Put KHIII in a thread and Leo-J and Soriku are their.

Don't forget dtewi!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I don't underdstand why people like such a low quality games, such as Kingdom Hearts. There are much better RPG's on the PS2

Soriku said:

I don't understand what you're saying.

I know, and that's okay.

Why do people always call it Wii 2. I'm pretty sure the correct codename is proably N6. That's usually what we do for early codenames on Nintendo consoles.