By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA To Be Sold To Either Samsung, Panasonic, or Apple?

i think m$ needs sega the most out of the big 3, would help them out in japan alot.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Munkeh111 said:
ssj12 said:
They should sell to Sony. Sony needs another good studio.

So why would they buy SEGA? And they don't need any more good studios apart from for RPGs. They have every other genre covered

Anyway, Nintendo is certainly the most plausible out of the big 3. They have to do something with those piles of cash they have sitting around. The only SEGA game I have bought this gen is Empire Total War, which was made by the Creative Assembly, who they aquired recently

Well Sony should at least buy rights to Valkaria Chronicles and maybe the team behind it.

Okay, they can buy that little part, but SEGA don't produce enough games to make them a worthwhile investement, buy Level 5 instead of they are going to acquire anything

Buy Atlus. 'nuff said.

Nintendo should pick them up if it comes down to it.

So the makers of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games which sold (and still is selling) Millions and millions of copies on Wii and DS are in deep financial shit?

If anything (not that I believe this bullshit) Nintendo would be best get the most out of buying Sega as putting Mario and Sonic on the cover of a game makes everyone involved lots of money.

Around the Network

Seriously, I think will be going the way of the dodo within the next few years. They just keep going from bad to worse, and their only major selling franchises are Football Manager and Total War, and both weren't even created by Sega. Atleast they had the business sense in buying Sports Interactive and Creative Assembly.

They need fresh, creative people in their high ranks, people that make the right decisions. Hell, they haven't even left the arcade market which makes them lose money every single year!

I doubt they are in that kind of shape anyways.

Not sure if situation that bad. They're planning a $270mln operating income minus eliminations (or $320mln "after change in accounting policy" - not sure what it is). I guess, consumer division (videogames minus arcades) and amusement sales and operation are mostly Sega part in Sega Sammy Holding. Consumer division is accounted for ~15% (or ~27% after this "change in accounting policy" thing). Obviously most profitable is pachinko\pachislot business (no surprise taking in account how huge this business in Japan), less profitable is amusment sales and operations business.

I do love the smell of unsubstantiated speculation in the morning.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

shio said:
Seriously, I think will be going the way of the dodo within the next few years. They just keep going from bad to worse, and their only major selling franchises are Football Manager and Total War, and both weren't even created by Sega. Atleast they had the business sense in buying Sports Interactive and Creative Assembly.

They need fresh, creative people in their high ranks, people that make the right decisions. Hell, they haven't even left the arcade market which makes them lose money every single year!

Arcades are doing just fine outside of the U.S.