By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA To Be Sold To Either Samsung, Panasonic, or Apple?

Ronster316 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Ronster316 said:

Sad state of affairs............ One of the greatest gaming companys of all time with more franchises than you can shake a stick at is now on the verge of a takeover.

In the meantime, PUNK "once non gaming" corporations like sony who bought their way to the top in the gaming business continue to prosper.

Sega should NEVER sell to sony. Sony bullied their way to the top with the almighty cheque.

If you go under Sega go under with pride.

Sell to the only compnay as legendary as you in this business........... Nintendo.

Whats with you and the Sony trolling? While I admit that Sony may not have been a "True Gaming" Company they did more for gaming then Sega ever has and ever will. It wasn't that Sony bullied its way to the top it was the idiocy and arrogance (ironically) of both SEGA and Nintendo respectively. SEGA made a piece of crap hardware that was WAY Too hard(Saturn) and Nintendo was arrogant and greedy enough to force Developers to program for a format that was outdated and more expensive then it's Technically superior and financially cheaper counterpart.

Yeah Sony really screwed and bullied it's way to the top. Lets ignore that IT WAS Sony who pushed to having gaming viewed as not just a past time but an Art-form with awesome and respectively first party titles. Something SEGA could never do until Sony did it. Shenmue may have been great but it wasn't THE game or even a Part of the Slew of Games that changed an opinion on a form of entertainment. It was Sony's First party and the support it showed 3rd party developers that made gaming what it is today.

OT: If SEGA was bought by Sony it would be Awesome and I hope it comes to that.

What sony made game changed gaming? NONE.

FF, Mario, Sonic, FF, Zelda, Pac-man, Street fighter, Virtua fighter ect changed gaming

Sony's MONEY changed gaming.

Sega personally developed and created games changed gaming.

Give me one DAMN reason why as a gamer i should have any respect for a corparation like sony?

Shadow of Colossus, Ico, Gran Turismo all changed the way we viewed gaming. Those are three reasons to respect Sony. And what do you mean Sony's Money? Sony HAS NEVER Paid for ANY EXCLUSIVE. After the success of FFVII many 3rd parties switched over to Sony. You can use the money excuse on MS but not Sony. 

Why because they were able to advertise better than Both Nintendo and SEGA? Stop being a blind bitter fanboy and see the truth. 

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

I doubt SEGA is going to die but if they ever were I would assume they would go to Nintendo especially after seeing S&M at the Olympics...

Former something....

ShadowSoldier said:
Ronster316 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Ronster316 said:

Sad state of affairs............ One of the greatest gaming companys of all time with more franchises than you can shake a stick at is now on the verge of a takeover.

In the meantime, PUNK "once non gaming" corporations like sony who bought their way to the top in the gaming business continue to prosper.

Sega should NEVER sell to sony. Sony bullied their way to the top with the almighty cheque.

If you go under Sega go under with pride.

Sell to the only compnay as legendary as you in this business........... Nintendo.

Whats with you and the Sony trolling? While I admit that Sony may not have been a "True Gaming" Company they did more for gaming then Sega ever has and ever will. It wasn't that Sony bullied its way to the top it was the idiocy and arrogance (ironically) of both SEGA and Nintendo respectively. SEGA made a piece of crap hardware that was WAY Too hard(Saturn) and Nintendo was arrogant and greedy enough to force Developers to program for a format that was outdated and more expensive then it's Technically superior and financially cheaper counterpart.

Yeah Sony really screwed and bullied it's way to the top. Lets ignore that IT WAS Sony who pushed to having gaming viewed as not just a past time but an Art-form with awesome and respectively first party titles. Something SEGA could never do until Sony did it. Shenmue may have been great but it wasn't THE game or even a Part of the Slew of Games that changed an opinion on a form of entertainment. It was Sony's First party and the support it showed 3rd party developers that made gaming what it is today.

OT: If SEGA was bought by Sony it would be Awesome and I hope it comes to that.

FF, Mario, Sonic, FF, Zelda, Pac-man, Street fighter, Virtua fighter ect changed gaming

Give me one DAMN reason why as a gamer i should have any respect for a corparation like sony?

Shadow of Colossus, Ico, Gran Turismo all changed the way we viewed gaming. Those are three reasons to respect Sony. And what do you mean Sony's Money? Sony HAS NEVER Paid for ANY EXCLUSIVE. After the success of FFVII many 3rd parties switched over to Sony. You can use the money excuse on MS but not Sony. 

Why because they were able to advertise better than Both Nintendo and SEGA? Stop being a blind bitter fanboy and see the truth. 

How do you think sony were able to advertise more and advertise better?.......... more damn M.O.N.E.Y.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you truthfully say i'm lying when i say sony BOUGHT their way to the top?

Gran turismo? that was made by polyphony, a 2nd party developer............. apart from sony been in bed with them what does that have to do exactly with sony CONTRIBUTING to gaming in a development sense?

Distributing YES............ Real hard work and contribution to making games? a big fat NO.

Try again.

Ronster316 said:

Everquest and Gran Turismo, both of which I believe have made a bigger impact than any SEGA game.

But I do not wish for SEGA to be acquired by another game company and become another Eidos or Sierra.

Who cares if they haven't made revolutionary games, they have made great consoles. A lot of great games have homes on their consoles. I guess they sort of revolutionized handheld gaming with the PSP. It is a powerful little hardware. From its success, we ought to see more high tech handheld gaming devices.

Around the Network

This is it, Apple will buy them and enter the console wars. Im willing to bet the console will be start with "i" like in just about all of their stuff.

shio said:
Ronster316 said:

Everquest and Gran Turismo, both of which I believe have made a bigger impact than any SEGA game.

But I do not wish for SEGA to be acquired by another game company and become another Eidos or Sierra.

Everquest............... good game, nothing more.

Lets get real here.

Respect game makers (Sega)................ not game POACHERS (sony)

Gran turismo may have made a bigger impact (Due to sonys backing) but franchise wise based on games made by themselves with their own bare hands and devotion, Sega rapes sony and always will.

The original analysis is misguided to say the least. Sega is no longer a viable property for a console brand. The name is synonymous with failure that there is no consumer confidence whatsoever. To belittle the opinion further can the console market really support four platforms. Not only that, but what kind of buy in would a new contender need to expect. They would actually need to lose more then Microsoft just to convince third party developers to split their development over four platforms. More platforms only raises development costs more. For the same gain.

Speaking as to who should purchase Sega as a development studio. Frankly none of the players should even consider it. That would be a bad investment on anyone's part. There are no high value properties to acquire, and there is little or no name recognition. Least of which a respected or a good one for that matter.

For those still having visions lets be realistic. Nintendo is as tight with their money as a noose about the neck of a condemned man. Sony just doesn't have the money to be acquiring shit right now. Sony is tightening its belt. Not opening its wallet. Microsoft may have the money, but they are developing studios internally rather then buying existing studios. Not to mention the fact that they just closed down a studio, and spun off another.

Honestly I do not see a realistic buyer for Sega in the current economy. Unless the studio gets into serious trouble, and finds itself on the auction block for a real bargain. Even then though it will have probably needed to have seen a drastic reduction in their work force. Nobody wants to buy a studio full of waste. For Sega to find a buyer it needs to find a way to be desirable at the very least on paper.

Ronster316 said:
shio said:
Ronster316 said:

Everquest............... good game, nothing more.

Lets get real here.

Respect game makers (Sega)................ not game POACHERS (sony)

Gran turismo may have made a bigger impact (Due to sonys backing) but franchise wise based on games made by themselves with their own bare hands and devotion, Sega rapes sony and always will.

Everquest changed how many thought of MMOs, and greatly helped MMOs to reach mainstream. In my opinion Everquest was more influential than any SEGA or Sony title.

Ronster, you're embarrassing yourself again. I have no idea why you refuse to let go of your petty little hatreds. Fine then, continue worshiping Sega. They're pathetic right now. Worship someone who is actually bringing out new and enjoyable games.