By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I've got a Wii coming to Mii. And now I have questions.

Starcraft: From your description, it sounds like you will already have everything you need for full two player compatibility with any non-VC and non-GC game. So you're not needing to buy a new nunchuck.

Personally, I have four remotes, two nunchucks and this has suited me well. I'm eagerly awaiting a wireless nunchuck to be released before I add two more nunchucks, but I have not yet hit the situation where I needed more than just the two nunchucks.

Around the Network

Ok. Can the remote be used effectively as a classic controller? Also, how do the controls hold up for N64 virtual console games?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wii remote will work for some of the games in the VC, but not all. If you want to play any GC games, you'll need to get a GC controller (which can also play all VC games) -- WaveBird is the best match, it being wireless, but it's unavailable now. Luckily, this is one area you can hold off buying additional controllers until you need them.

go here to see VC controller compatibility
http://wiiportal.nintendo-europe.com/7.html

Wii remote works as a controller for all NES games, and some MegaDrive/TurboGrafx games (Sonic included)

For any SNES/N64 games you will need a classic or GC pad (Gamecube is good, but even with the wavebird you need to plug it in to the machine each time, and the analogue shoulder buttons are a tad annoying because SNES/N64 had digital shoulder buttons)
I would say classic controller is your best bet unless you are planning on playing GC games too, in which case get a wavebird.

For every Wiimote you will want a nunchuk.

I have 2 wiimotes, 2 nunchucks, and 2 classic controllers. I use my nunchuck on nearly every game I play solo on and Madden.

Around the Network

shams said:

BTW - nice to see a new poster on the board TomaTito :)

Thanks :D been visiting the site for a few weeks, it was time to register

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Welcome, TomaTito :)

I have had the WII since launch, I have the original wiimote and Nuchuck, I got the second remote with WIIPlay and the steering wheel with the racing game. I have really enjoyed using the wiimote and nunchuck together for games like Resident Evil, red steel, and Zelda. To me it just feels lilke I am playing with more confort and less stress on my wrist. With your new system there is only one thing you need to know, HOLD on to the remote!!! You do not want to become a statistic in that way. If I was you make sure you have the stronger strap if not order them and get the free gloves also.

Without games life would be boring!

famousringo said:
I see people talking about SSBB and the nunchuck. SSBB will support just about every controller configuration the Wii offers, but wiimote+nunchuck is possibly the worst. The chief designer prefers using a Gamecube controller. I think I'll prefer the classic controller, myself. Wiimote without nunchuck is also a supported control method.

Explain how the Wiimote + nunchuck is bad for SSBB.

The Wiimote alone is the worst option in my opinion.

With the Wiimote + nunchuck, you have a fully working analog stick in your left hand...that does half the work in Smash Bros.  You have an A and B button, that deals with standard and special moves.  The only moves left are shield, jump, and grab, which could use Z, C, and D-down or something.  What's so bad about that configuration?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i got a question why did you buy a gay ass wii and not a ps3 are you a gay ass fucking 5year old