By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I've got a Wii coming to Mii. And now I have questions.

Many of you may remember my questions about whether or not to wait for a price drop/hardware revision, before purchasing the Nintendo Wii.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7779

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6391

I took the advice I got that I should simply jump on the first good pack in deal I saw after the rumours came out that the only hardware revisions would be different colours.

The pack i got cost $AU499 and will be delivered later this week. It includes the Wii Console with Wii Sports along with Wii Play which comes with a Wii Remote and a seperate Nunchuk Controller and finally the Super Paper Mario game.

My three questions are:

Does the console come with a nunchuk as well as the Wii remote?

Does the Nunchuk play a large role in many games, and what kind of role is it?

If the anwer to the first question is no, should i purchase another nunchuk to make the second remote more functional.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

The Wii console comes with a remote and a nunchuck.
The nunchuck plays a large role in pretty much any more traditional style of game, although it isn't used in Super paper mario though.

1) yes it does
2) yesss sir ( on all complicated games)
3) apparently not

Ok thats cool. But why can you get the second remote in Wii play without a nunchuk if its so critical?

the only game in wii play that requires a second nunchuck is the tanks game and the only game in wii sports that requires it is boxing.

Games i'm currently playing:

Around the Network

out of the games i have... heres whether they use the nunchuck or not

super paper mario - doesnt
need for speed carbon - doesnt

warioware - doesnt. some unlockable mini games do
wii sports & play - only does in one mini game on each

zelda - does
mario strikers - does
resident evil 4 - does

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

But what about other games at large? is the nunchuk significant? (do we know if its useful in games like Galaxy and Brawl for example?)

starcraft said:
Ok thats cool. But why can you get the second remote in Wii play without a nunchuk if its so critical?

Because Wii play promotes the kind of games that don't need it (reaaaally casual-ish and very basic)

starcraft said:
But what about other games at large? is the nunchuk significant? (do we know if its useful in games like Galaxy and Brawl for example?)

galaxy will use a nunchuck, but its single player and you already have 1 nunchuck. smash brothers, its optional. though probably easier with a nunchuck. pretty much every shooter uses the nunchuck

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

starcraft said:

Nunchuk needed:

Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Manhunt 2, Soul Calibur: Legends, No more heroes, Medal of honor: Heroes 2, NiGHTS, Mario & Sonic at the olympics

To name a few, so basically all great single player games.