By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: the 40GB $399 PS3 arrives in the US

...so says the Hollywood Reporter, link right here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/business/news/e3i23389b356d961fd23062dec8891c4eff

D-Day is November 2, which sounds reasonable - once the 60GB vanishes, which is pretty soon, I'm sure they'll cut the 80GB model down to $499. The holiday madness begins!

Around the Network

knew it was coming zzzz

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Not confirmed because SCEA refused to comment on it.

We all know it's coming though, that's been obvious for weeks. 

Yeah not confirmed, but just the first step to being confirmed.

Good news, hopefully it arrives before the holidays.

Around the Network

Lets see what this SKU does as far as sales are concerned.

^^^ Concerning me, I will be buying this SKU

Well i won't be buying the 40Gb sku. And if i get to the point that i'll have the cash to get a ps3, and it turns out that there are only 40GB skus out there, then i won't be getting a PS3. Why? BC is something that is a must for me, so no dice for this sku.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I hope things turn around for sony when they release it.

mM

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think the lack of BC will play out at the retail level? Do you think the average Joe walks in and will ask if it does play PS2 games? How about the average retail employee with an IQ of 8? I'm sure the standard answer will be "Yes". Will there be any angry customers that make a scene? Will it make the news? OR...

Will it simply sell like crazy and all the hoopla about BC will be a lot of whining about nothing?

Also, will the NO BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY be prominently displayed on the box? 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.