By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Chartz Has a Really High Member : Guest Ratio

Seems like an unusually high ratio, 1:12.5

A lot of lurkers? Or maybe *ghasp* people only come to this site for sales and not the forums?! That can't be...

Now, how to get those 1,700 extra people to contribute to this site?

Edit: Just for comparison, heres Neogaf's numbers:

"Currently Active Users: 1987 (692 members and 1295 guests)" Nearly the same amount total, but only a 1:2 ratio.

Around the Network

Yes, we need to convert people. It seems pointless them being guests when they could just create an account get the added benefits and they dont even need to comment!

Yep thats it, we are facist like religions.

MEMBERS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GUESTS

They are all scared of me.

They must be intimidated by the awesomeness of the regular posters.

they just want to look at the sales of the consoles.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:

Yep thats it, we are facist like religions.

Seriously, if you only post to use an excuse to bash religion, don't post at all.

Stupid shit like this would get you frogged in the real world.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Maybe VGC has a high proportion of Google bots which are registered by the site as guests?

And on the other hand NeoGAF might have a low proportion of bots because maybe they have restricted their ability to come in and scan their forum as easily as here.

We provide a lot more content than NeoGAF does, so there is a good chance people are browsing the game database without being logged in, compared to NeoGAF where all you can do is browse the forums. I'd rather browse a real news source, as they typically link to anything good that actually originates at NeoGAF.

(GAF is down, odd, as I wasn't sure if they actually have more than forums or not)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

at first i only enter here for sales but now i enter for forums.

nordlead said:
We provide a lot more content than NeoGAF does, so there is a good chance people are browsing the game database without being logged in, compared to NeoGAF where all you can do is browse the forums. I'd rather browse a real news source, as they typically link to anything good that actually originates at NeoGAF.

(GAF is down, odd, as I wasn't sure if they actually have more than forums or not)

What does that sentence mean?