By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I saw LittleBigPlanet live on TGS and I really failed to see how this game is going to make such a difference for the PS3. I think it's going to be an ok game but I seriously doubt it will be this huge system seller that some make it out to be.

Around the Network

PS3 fans expectations are sad. Considering Sony is going to say this game is going to be delayed till 2009 or 2010. SquareEnix knows what they are doing, they want the PS3 hardware to get a decent number and they are procrasnanting releasing FFXIII same as Konami with MGS4. I wouldn't be surprised if Konami says we are delaying MGS4 till Spring of 2008 and then announces a MGS4 port for the 360.

2008 was Sony's target year all along, the point when HDTVs and BluRay drives finally become affordable to large numbers of people and their whole media strategy suddenly makes sense.

What's interesting is that they decided to accelerate the price cuts - I didn't think they'd drop to 399EUR/US$399 until spring of 2008. But I don't think this is a response to Microsoft, which has been unable to sell in Japan and is having mediocre success in Europe. I think it's a response to the sales of the Wii, which continue to bust records.

W29 said:
PS3 fans expectations are sad. Considering Sony is going to say this game is going to be delayed till 2009 or 2010. SquareEnix knows what they are doing, they want the PS3 hardware to get a decent number and they are procrasnanting releasing FFXIII same as Konami with MGS4. I wouldn't be surprised if Konami says we are delaying MGS4 till Spring of 2008 and then announces a MGS4 port for the 360.

Delaying a finished game would lose them more money than releasing the game on a platform with a small userbase. Especially considering the fact that said game is supposed to greatly expand said userbase.

Honestly, if the game is just about done, there is no point at all in not releasing it.  They spend millions of dollars developing the game, and then they just sit on it?  Makes no sense whatsoever, especially considering the game could still sell well a couple of years down the road, after the install base has increased, ala Gears. 

I can only conclude that with all the unproven franchise and delay comments from Xbots that you guys are jealous :)

Anyway I rather look forward to Haze, Ratched, Uncharted, MGS4, KZ2, Infamous, LBP and all the others than look back at Gears of War, Bioshock and Halo. Also, even if they are all unproven IP they look good and can't all possibly suck.

Also I never liked Halo... always liked Unreal better and both 360 and PS3 will get it next year. Unreal kicks ass compared to over hyped Halo. Also, reviews of Halo where it gets 10 in graphics and then Lair gets 5 can't be freaking serious. Halo graphics better than Lair? ROFL. Lair sucks as a game but the graphics and sound are some of the best I ever seen/heard. Also, Lair runs at 1080p/30FPS while Halo runs at 640p at the same 30FPS. If Bungie/Microsoft can't make a FPS that runs at 60FPS with a 200+ development team and almost unlimited money resources, then who can? Xbox is already being pushed to the max and 640p/30FPS is not impressive by any means.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

> Lair runs at 1080p/30FPS

You cannot possibly have seen Lair live. It runs 10-15 fps when there's stuff going on.

krik said:
I can only conclude that with all the unproven franchise and delay comments from Xbots that you guys are jealous :)

Anyway I rather look forward to Haze, Ratched, Uncharted, MGS4, KZ2, Infamous, LBP and all the others than look back at Gears of War, Bioshock and Halo. Also, even if they are all unproven IP they look good and can't all possibly suck.

Also I never liked Halo... always liked Unreal better and both 360 and PS3 will get it next year. Unreal kicks ass compared to over hyped Halo. Also, reviews of Halo where it gets 10 in graphics and then Lair gets 5 can't be freaking serious. Halo graphics better than Lair? ROFL. Lair sucks as a game but the graphics and sound are some of the best I ever seen/heard. Also, Lair runs at 1080p/30FPS while Halo runs at 640p at the same 30FPS. If Bungie/Microsoft can't make a FPS that runs at 60FPS with a 200+ development team and almost unlimited money resources, then who can? Xbox is already being pushed to the max and 640p/30FPS is not impressive by any means.

sony fanboy alert ALERT ALERT

ALERT!

Your opinion, i guess the 4 million people who bought halo 3 on its opening week are all wrong? Take your fanboyism somewhere else. Show me where Halo gets a 10 in grahics and lair didnt get a good graphics score, show me. 1080p at 30 fps ? you you #%#$ing serious?

You have no idea why Bungie didnt make it 1080p do you, you have no flipping idea. Show me data that says xbox is being pushed, wait you cant, so shut up and go away.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
dtewi said:
PS3 fans are still puttin faith into unproven IP's

killzone 2 US: February 2008

LittleBigPlanet US: February 2008

infamous US: January 2008

See?

how about putting faith in provin developers..

Infamous=sucker punch studios

Killzone 2=guerilla games say what you want but the first one still sold 2 mil

LBP=media molecule( they are the only ones who have no credibility which is probably the reason why they have been willing to show the game since day one

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Aww, tears of KAIN, you stood up for Halo!!! Thanks, I just gained a great deal of respect for you!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

ok i guess thanks O.O

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.