By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

at Fnl
GTA 4 should easily sell more on 360, if it doesnt something is seriously wrong
Also bungie stated they were not going to make any games but 360 exclusive for quite a whiile, and even after that, its not likely they will make anything ps3 exclusive, let alone multi. I see them making handheld more because MS doesnt care about the handheld market, so bungie is free to do what they want there

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
dtewi said:
PS3 fans are still puttin faith into unproven IP's

killzone 2 US: February 2008

LittleBigPlanet US: February 2008

infamous US: January 2008

See?

Yes, but the focus lies on the big hitters like MGS4. Adding more games to a list of Q1 releases can't hurt.

You guys are still putting way too much faith into those though. Much like what happened with killzone 1.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Lost tears of Kain said:
ahh crap theres a few more proven franchises for 360 i forgot from my previous list

BK 3
Fable 2
NG 2
Halo Wars

Some good Franchises, not quite on par with ps3, but still some very good

I didn't list Banjo Kazooie because so far all we've seen is one CGI trailer for the game less than a year ago.  The chances of it making it own in '08 are slim to none.  As for Halo Wars, it's made by Ensemble, so it should be a good game, but I just can't see an RTS doing well on a console.  If it makes it out on PC, I can see it doing pretty well there.  

I already stated my thoughts on NG2 and Fable 2 above. 

You mean unproven IPs like Gears of War, Wii Sports, or Bioshock?

Around the Network

I don't recall people putting faith into Wii Sports. Or maybe I'm being ignorant.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

FishyJoe said:
You mean unproven IPs like Gears of War, Wii Sports, or Bioshock?

Yeah, and they could very well turn out like Gears and Bioshock, but they could also turn out like Lair. The thing is, we don't know, and we can't make assumptions about the quality of a new IP like we can with franchises like Mario, MGS, and Halo.  Remember the glowing previews journalists were giving Lair?

dtewi said:
You guys are still putting way too much faith into those though. Much like what happened with killzone 1.

Killzone was hyped to hell and back. I've seen Infamous brought maybe a few times since it was first unveiled, but rarely hyped. I haven't seen to many new IPs hyped quite as much as the first Killzone was.

LittleBigPlanet is the only new IP that deserves hype, imo, out of all the new IPs for any console. Well, Crysis also deserves it's hype, but that's for PC. :P

I could be wrong but I suspect that several of the PS3 games that are supposed to be released in Q1 2008 will be delayed; many PS3 games have already seen delays and I'm willing to bet that quite a few of those release dates are placeholder dates that were set almost a year ago.

IMO, it's way to early to judge the strength or weakness of 2008. At most you can probably give the edge to the first quarter of 2008 to Sony. But even then, with the substantially smaller user base, sales may not match a weaker software lineup on systems with triple the user base.

I don't think we'll have a good idea about the totality of 2008 until after E3. To call 2008 before that is simply foolish.