By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
fnl164 said:
2008 is a big year for the ps3. in q1 big games come out such as littlebigplanet, mgs4, infamous, unreal 3, grand theft auto 4 , killzone 2 are coming out around the smae time. if someone buys a ps3 in 2008 or even late 2007 they would have many titles to choose from. sales would go up and grand theft auto 4 might sell more than the 360 version(my opinion)

To bad 50% of yearly sales are in Q4, not Q1. Q1 gets what...17-18% of yearly sales? These ALL should have been holdiay games...

Does more harm then good to have them then, though they were not ready in time :( 

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
ahh crap theres a few more proven franchises for 360 i forgot from my previous list

BK 3
Fable 2
NG 2
Halo Wars

Some good Franchises, not quite on par with ps3, but still some very good

I didn't list Banjo Kazooie because so far all we've seen is one CGI trailer for the game less than a year ago.  The chances of it making it own in '08 are slim to none.  As for Halo Wars, it's made by Ensemble, so it should be a good game, but I just can't see an RTS doing well on a console.  If it makes it out on PC, I can see it doing pretty well there.  

I already stated my thoughts on NG2 and Fable 2 above. 

/whistles

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
FishyJoe said:
IMO, it's way to early to judge the strength or weakness of 2008. At most you can probably give the edge to the first quarter of 2008 to Sony. But even then, with the substantially smaller user base, sales may not match a weaker software lineup on systems with triple the user base.

I don't think we'll have a good idea about the totality of 2008 until after E3. To call 2008 before that is simply foolish.

very very true

Im expecting franchises like KOtor 3 (man i LOVED those games) God of war, and new Wii games to show up, heck maybe even they put a dent into making Gears of war 2

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Lost tears of Kain said:
makingmusic476 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
ahh crap theres a few more proven franchises for 360 i forgot from my previous list

BK 3
Fable 2
NG 2
Halo Wars

Some good Franchises, not quite on par with ps3, but still some very good

I didn't list Banjo Kazooie because so far all we've seen is one CGI trailer for the game less than a year ago. The chances of it making it own in '08 are slim to none. As for Halo Wars, it's made by Ensemble, so it should be a good game, but I just can't see an RTS doing well on a console. If it makes it out on PC, I can see it doing pretty well there.

I already stated my thoughts on NG2 and Fable 2 above.

lol seems you dont know to much Banjo already has a demo up on xbox live so how can it not make 08? Rts have gotten great scores from reviews, BFME 2 got a fantastic score from IGN, same with C and C, while not on par with PC controls, it makes it so you dont have to upgrade your PC to play them, they can usually run pretty smooth on console

Banjo has a demo on XBl?  LMAO!  It's just a video.  There has been absolutely NO info released on the game since the original video at X06 last year.  Just check GameSpot.

yea i dont' think we know which games are really gonna come out in early 08. Remember all the ps3 games that were set to come out in early 07, particularly march? Wasn't white knight story one of those? that game is still far off.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
I could be wrong but I suspect that several of the PS3 games that are supposed to be released in Q1 2008 will be delayed; many PS3 games have already seen delays and I'm willing to bet that quite a few of those release dates are placeholder dates that were set almost a year ago.

I think MGS4 and LBP will get released in late winte/early srping, but that the rest will get delayed like you said.  I'm expecting Tekken sometime in Summer (the arcade version is about to be released in Japan) and GT to be released around the Holidays.

johnsobas said:
yea i dont' think we know which games are really gonna come out in early 08. Remember all the ps3 games that were set to come out in early 07, particularly march? Wasn't white knight story one of those? that game is still far off.

WKS never recieved a release date had a release date. The only games that were delayed were Lair and Heavenly Sword, from their Spring 07 release dates, and MGS4 from it's Holiday 07 release date.

lol o ya thats crash of the titans

/sigh

awww i read up on it

its supposed to be released Q 3 or 4

Still a more likely chance then FF 13 if it says Q 3

Lost tears of Kain said:
awww i read up on it

its supposed to be released Q 3 or 4

Still a more likely chance then FF 13 if it says Q 3

No one ha sstated even a potential release date. The guys on Wiki just surmised a possible Q3-4 release date because Peter Moore said it would be shown at e3 08. KZ2 was shown at e3 07, after a long absence, mmuhc like BK will be shown next year, yet obviously it's not making it out in Q3-4 07.

When it comes to video game release dates, always assume the worst. Every game gets delayed. Hell, Kameo, one of Rare's other games, was expected to come out in 2003 on the GameCube. Look what happened to that.

And yeah, chances are FFXIII won't make it out in 2008.  I'll admit that.  Versus definitely won't.