Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
makingmusic476 said:
Throughout next year, many high profile titles from big selling franchises will be released on the ps3. It begins with MGS4 in late Winter, then comes Tekken 6, then GT5, GTAIV, and finally FFXIII. These will sell a LOT of ps3s.

And before somebody brings up a big list of new IPs for the 360, I could create an equally large list of new IPs for the ps3, with games like White Knight Story and LittleBigPlanet, but it doesn't change a thing, as they won't do near as much for sales as a game like GT5 or Halo 3 would.

Yes why i believe ps3 has a better year because of PROVEN franchises

Stop adding GTA 4! its multi, with exclusive for 360, cant say its a big boost to ps3 without saying for 360 as well, if not more.

Only proven franchises for 360

Fable 2

Halo wars (halo name technically)

IF we come down to proven games from developers, then 360 is very competing

Also small possiblity that ff 13 will be 08 for US, most likely 09

I don't know why I keep listing GTAIV.  I just can't help it. :P

As for FFXIII, SE recently said that they are trying to expand their market in territories outside of Japan, and one of the ways they are doing this is by releasing games simultaneously across all territories.  If FFXIII is ready in '08, it will be out in NA as well as Japan, so long as they keep their word. 

dtewi said:
killzone 2 US: February 2008

LittleBigPlanet US: February 2008

infamous US: January 2008

grand theft auto 4 april 2008

mgs4 March 2008

unreal q1 2008

It seems they still are

i got them from ign and other news sites

makingmusic476 said:
FishyJoe said:
We've heard this before more times than I care to think about.

Wait til ***insert date here*** when ***insert game here*** comes out.

Yet somehow, once these dates and games arrive, the date gets shifted forward and the game changes.

And you know why it hasn't happened yet?  Because people kept putting their faith in unproven new IPs like Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, and Lair.  Now ps3 fans are putting their faith in tried and true franchises like R&C, MGS, and GT.  360 fans, however, have nothing but new IPs to look forward to next year besides NG2 and Fable 2.  Fable 2 may not even make it out by next year.

We 360 fans put faith into games like Bioshock and Mass effect, both new IP, you know why we knew they would be huge? Because of their developers. Besides a few proven Franchises, the 360 games this year are big hits from new IP from great developers.

Fable not make it out? weve seen alot of content from Fable, barely any from FF 13, yet its supposed to make it out next year.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
makingmusic476 said:
FishyJoe said:
We've heard this before more times than I care to think about.

Wait til ***insert date here*** when ***insert game here*** comes out.

Yet somehow, once these dates and games arrive, the date gets shifted forward and the game changes.

And you know why it hasn't happened yet?  Because people kept putting their faith in unproven new IPs like Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, and Lair.  Now ps3 fans are putting their faith in tried and true franchises like R&C, MGS, and GT.  360 fans, however, have nothing but new IPs to look forward to next year besides NG2 and Fable 2.  Fable 2 may not even make it out by next year.

We 360 fans put faith into games like Bioshock and Mass effect, both new IP, you know why we knew they would be huge? Because of their developers. Besides a few proven Franchises, the 360 games this year are big hits from new IP from great developers.

Fable not make it out? weve seen alot of content from Fable, barely any from FF 13, yet its supposed to make it out next year.

are you a final fantasy fan?

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
makingmusic476 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
MGS4 is NOT huge in Japan, US is where konami is looking to make money, and guess what console is huge in US? 360, man your so brilliant

MGS is just as big in Japan as it is every else. Actually, a tad bit bigger. All three MGSes have sold around 800,000 in Japan according to VGChartz, and they've probably actually sold even higher than that, considering the fact that VGChartz undertracked MGS2. MGS2 has sold over 7 mil. according to Wikipedia and other sources, yet VGChartz has the total sales at 5.5 mil.

You cant believe Wiki, anyone can tamper that. Unless its rather accurate.

Heres some fun things from wiki

360 has only sold 9 million consoles (hopefully its changed)

halo 2 graphics are the same as halo 3

One good thing about Wiki - they make you site your sources.  I don't believe a thing I read on wiki unless it has a source.

Here's the source for that 7 mil. comment:

"Building on the precedent set by the original blockbuster, Metal Gear Solid®2: Sons of LibertyTM was released in 2001 for the PlayStation®2 with overwhelming praise from gamers and industry pundits, selling over 7 million units worldwide."

PS3 fans are still puttin faith into unproven IP's

killzone 2 US: February 2008

LittleBigPlanet US: February 2008

infamous US: January 2008

See?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Soriku said:
@making

Too bad R&C comes out this year

@dtewi

It seems GTA4 comes out Q2...

And? One more great franchise to help sell consoles, and with a new $399 price point, it should help a good bit.

makingmusic476 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
makingmusic476 said:
Throughout next year, many high profile titles from big selling franchises will be released on the ps3. It begins with MGS4 in late Winter, then comes Tekken 6, then GT5, GTAIV, and finally FFXIII. These will sell a LOT of ps3s.

And before somebody brings up a big list of new IPs for the 360, I could create an equally large list of new IPs for the ps3, with games like White Knight Story and LittleBigPlanet, but it doesn't change a thing, as they won't do near as much for sales as a game like GT5 or Halo 3 would.

Yes why i believe ps3 has a better year because of PROVEN franchises

Stop adding GTA 4! its multi, with exclusive for 360, cant say its a big boost to ps3 without saying for 360 as well, if not more.

Only proven franchises for 360

Fable 2

Halo wars (halo name technically)

IF we come down to proven games from developers, then 360 is very competing

Also small possiblity that ff 13 will be 08 for US, most likely 09

I don't know why I keep listing GTAIV.  I just can't help it. :P

As for FFXIII, SE recently said that they are trying to expand their market in territories outside of Japan, and one of the ways they are doing this is by releasing games simultaneously across all territories.  If FFXIII is ready in '08, it will be out in NA as well as Japan, so long as they keep their word. 

Possibly, they are having a very slow time with it, and if anything they would want to rush on Japan to make sure its out for the holidays, big boost there.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

ahh crap theres a few more proven franchises for 360 i forgot from my previous list

BK 3
Fable 2
NG 2
Halo Wars

Some good Franchises, not quite on par with ps3, but still some very good