By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - hardware in Spain

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-72668.aspx

James Armstrong ,vice president senior of south europe assures the PS3 has sold in Spain more than 250 000 units and that the previsions for this christmas campaign are estimated in about 425 000 units .[(b]

So here you have it ,the PS3 is above 250 000 units in Spain ,nearly equal with the Wii and way ahead already of the 360 . "

WII: a bit more of 250,000 sold units

PS3: 250,000 sold units

X360: under 250,000 sold units

Around the Network

exactly what this post says http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=8076&start=0#end

shipped, not sold.

nice try tho

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Land of Lamborghini have a lot of money to burn I guess, that's a lot of PS3's.

Neos said:
shipped, not sold.

nice try tho

PS3 has passed 250 000 units sold in Spain

Around the Network
prosugno360 said:
Neos said:
shipped, not sold.

nice try tho

PS3 has passed 250 000 units sold in Spain

Yep, they shipped 250.000 units to Spain.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

posted in the other thread about this;

Well if i can, yet again, refer back to the Financial Times results, which were compiled from NPD, Enterbrain? (or was it Media Create?) and GfK,...VGcharts has the numbers for PS3 and 360 spot on (with Wii overtracked by 100k).

The GfK number they used were for up to the end of July,....So VGC is correct for PS3 up to then (it could of course be under in spain and over somewhere else but the total is correct)

If we assume that as VGC total is correct, and thus assume VGC was correct for Spain as of the end of July (150k PS3s sold) then in the past two months PS3 would have had to sell more than 10k units per week to make it to 250k.

I would hedge (is that the right word?) a bet that someone from Sony would try to spin the numbers possibly mixing their own shipped with GfK numbers for Wii/360.

I will not however, rule out the possibility that PS3 numbers here are undertracked, in fact i think they probably are by maybe 20k or so, but not by 70k, i'll go with the shipped thing because Sony have been calling their consoles sold to retail as sold to consumers all over (ie Australia)

Whatever happens, it will sort itself out in the end, i think if VGC was so close at the end of July (total wise) that if the PS3 is undertracked in Spain it is definately overtracked somewhere else.

like i said, if it is overtracked by a massive 70k (as that info from Sony suggests) then either all that discepancy has happened since the GfK results for July (incredibly unlikely even with the PS3 bundle) or possibly Spain has been undertracking PS3 (possibly the others, we don't know) for a long time, but also it's overtracked somewhere else (which is why the end of July figures were still spot on for PS3)

I say wait for a proper GfK release, not a Sony exec stating sales either claimed as, or possibly just mentioned in the same sentence as, GfK numbers. 

Is it just me or is there absolutely no reference whatsoever to Wii or 360 in the original Spanish article? Yet the English text adds this conclusion: "So here you have it, the PS3 is above 250 000 units in Spain, nearly equal with the Wii and way ahead already of the 360."

Anyway, there is no clearity about these numbers being shipped or sold to retailers, nor is the source independent being a Sony employee.

ohhh, the same again and again

TWRoO said:

posted in the other thread about this;

Well if i can, yet again, refer back to the Financial Times results, which were compiled from NPD, Enterbrain? (or was it Media Create?) and GfK,...VGcharts has the numbers for PS3 and 360 spot on (with Wii overtracked by 100k).

The GfK number they used were for up to the end of July,....So VGC is correct for PS3 up to then (it could of course be under in spain and over somewhere else but the total is correct)

If we assume that as VGC total is correct, and thus assume VGC was correct for Spain as of the end of July (150k PS3s sold) then in the past two months PS3 would have had to sell more than 10k units per week to make it to 250k.

I would hedge (is that the right word?) a bet that someone from Sony would try to spin the numbers possibly mixing their own shipped with GfK numbers for Wii/360.

I will not however, rule out the possibility that PS3 numbers here are undertracked, in fact i think they probably are by maybe 20k or so, but not by 70k, i'll go with the shipped thing because Sony have been calling their consoles sold to retail as sold to consumers all over (ie Australia)

Whatever happens, it will sort itself out in the end, i think if VGC was so close at the end of July (total wise) that if the PS3 is undertracked in Spain it is definately overtracked somewhere else.

like i said, if it is overtracked by a massive 70k (as that info from Sony suggests) then either all that discepancy has happened since the GfK results for July (incredibly unlikely even with the PS3 bundle) or possibly Spain has been undertracking PS3 (possibly the others, we don't know) for a long time, but also it's overtracked somewhere else (which is why the end of July figures were still spot on for PS3)

I say wait for a proper GfK release, not a Sony exec stating sales either claimed as, or possibly just mentioned in the same sentence as, GfK numbers.

You are right in your analysis. The ps3 can be undertracked in Spain and overtracked in other country. But i really think that in Spain, they speak of consoles sold to consumer and not to retailer.

it's really enterbrain, but vgchartz give numbers which are the middle of enterbrain numbers and media create numbers, so the vgchartz numbers for japan can be different of those give by enterbrain.

Are you sure of the country used by the financial time. It's not easy to know exactly.

Personally, my surprise is that there is more ps3 in Spain that in France. That is a big surprise.

But, all is possible, each country is different, and there exist sony land in Europe.