By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what physical medium will Microsoft be using for their next gen console?

I'm sure we have two or three years until this comes about, so there is still plenty of time for them to decide. I also don't think anybody truly believes they will be using standard DVD's for games. Blu Ray is a possibility, but I think they will possibly go in another direction.

Around the Network

Digital distribution, with prepaid cards available at retailers.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:

Physical medium.

Blu-ray and DD.

DVD becouse next box will be slightly upgraded x360 with natal in standard.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

they will jump blu ray, but offer things no digital too.

HD-DVDs

sguy78 said:
Sardauk said:

Physical medium.

Paper then

Now that I'm thinking of it, it makes even more sens to have alonger lifecycle for the current gen... otherwise they would be forced to take the Blu-Ray.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

matt247 said:
HD-DVDs

Wait... this could be true indeed !

If I had to bet I would say they're going to go with BluRay and digital distribution similar to Steam.

If they wanted to be sneaksy, they could go with something like a HDDVD if it isn't too expensive. If people don't have the burners, they can't pirate the games.