By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 4 Announced!!!

Yakuza 3 is only 5 months old and the sequel is already announced

Link: http://scrawlfx.com/2009/07/yakuza-4-announced-via-official-site

Official Page 

Around the Network

Nice.

Yakuza 3 has done well in Japan, it would only make sense to make another. Now if they could only announce a NA release for Yakuza 3.

AWESOME news, but I really hope it takes place in modern Japan, not feudal like in 3. Now get to porting 3 in the states SEGA.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Can we expect 3 a few months b4 Japan get four like we did with 2 and Japan getting 3?

4 ≈ One

CDiablo said:
AWESOME news, but I really hope it takes place in modern Japan, not feudal like in 3. Now get to porting 3 in the states SEGA.

Are you taking about Kenzan? Which wasn't 3???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 was amazing, reason alone to get a PS3. Feel sorry for those people whom have not played 3 due to now knowing Japanese........not really your fault for being lazy and not learning another language.

RPG said:

RPG said:

CDiablo said:

Yakuza 3 was in modern Japan. Yakuza: Kenzan was a feudal spin-off game.

Sigh... How hard would it be to put some subtitles in these games and bring them to America? It's funny that Sega killed off the Shenmue series before the third and final game and now it seems they're not letting us westerners finish out the series that is easily the most reminescent of Shenmue. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Dgc1808 said:
CDiablo said:

Are you taking about Kenzan? Which wasn't 3???

(Returns from Wikipedia) You sir have schooled me. I always thought the feudal one was 3. Still, port 3 to the US you lazy bums.
edit: I dont know why this is in italics.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling