By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 over-tracked!!!!!!

If so, it's been doing just as badly as the PS3 in weekly sales >.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Well the figures here are in line with NPD, GfK and Famitsu... so I guess they are all wrong too then???

I doubt it.

Erm i dont know maybe some other company other then M$ have been shipping 360's then. Unless you are saying M$ have stopped shipping 360's and the is no longer any 360's on shop shelves?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

leo-j said:
@Kowenicki

So every store in the world is sold out of the 360?

MS says 31.4m shipped, we have 31.1m sold. We're already 300,000 in the green. Sure we've overtracked it. 2m? I doubt it.

Also, with MS's quarterly report....you have to wonder how Sony is doing. PS3 might be overtracked as well, and perhaps by even more. Don't throw a party just yet, it all I'm saying.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kowenicki said:
@leoj

read my post above... i added some detail for the hard of thought.

LOL. Leo's point still stands.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Your post doesnt give proper clarification all it does is tell us what we can assume is happening..

mM
Around the Network

If Microsoft shipped this amount and they were all sold to the consumer then yes it would have sold 31.4 million, but thats not possible as due to the popularity, theres loads in stores. Well in the UK it seems to be the console of choice/most popuar.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
@Kowenicki

So every store in the world is sold out of the 360?

MS says 31.4m shipped, we have 31.1m sold. We're already 300,000 in the green. Sure we've overtracked it. 2m? I doubt it.

Also, with MS's quarterly report....you have to wonder how Sony is doing. PS3 might be overtracked as well, and perhaps by even more. Don't throw a party just yet, it all I'm saying.

I havent said the 360 is overtracked or undertracked, I dont have any data that suggests either is true. We cant assume things , it MAY be overtracked, or it may be spot on, I honestly am not a sales analyst so I wouldnt know.

mM

You guys are off a little. I'l paste a bit of what Zucas said in the news report, hope he doesn't mind - 'Puts 360 at 31.4 million units shipped at the end of June 30, 2009. At the week ending June 27, 2009 we have 360 sales at 31.12 million. It is quite possible we have over tracked the 360.'

It's over tracked, the question is by how much?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
leo-j said:
What does the PS3 have to do with the figures? Why is it overtracked?

Well, one would assume that when estimating numbers, one must extrapolate. Assuming this site uses an extrapolation formula of some sort, I'd assume said equasion is similar for both console.

It shouldn't always hold true, but in more cases than not, if we're overtracking one by this much, it might be an issue with the exrapolation, and not the console.

That is why we assume that. FYI. :P

That is also how the PS3 relates to these figures.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.