By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu's 10 "Perfect" Games and your opinions

The ones I've played (Super Smash Bros, the Zeldas, and Nintendogs) all deserved the scores. Nintendogs is amazing.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Kantor said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Soul Calibur (DC)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)
Nintendogs (DS)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
428 (Wii)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)

All these games got a 40 out of 40 from the publication.

Your thoughts and opinions?

Huh.   There aren't any 360 games on it.

Need I say more? Japan aren't exactly the biggest 360 lovers (though Famitsu did give Gears 2 a 38)

Lol messed up post XD    

You need to get rid of the stigma that Famitsu hates 360 games. They usually give fair scores.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lets see: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

It's still a big deal. Actually I plaed it from time to time. The Lock on system, the fishing game, the overworld. Most people try to call this overrated but it was quite influencial even at this day. (and yes I know Majora's Mask is deeper move on)

Soul Calibur (DC)

For a while this game was the flagship of the Dreamcast. The game that prove that the Dreamcast could make better games than the Arcades.

Vagrant Story (PS1)

Time hasn't been nice with this title. The artstyle was quite unique at the time and the combat style was impressive, still a good game but not as influential.

Oh boy. Well probably my less favorite Zelda game, from the artstyle, to the boring overworld, the final battle and that annoying bastard called Tingle this game is just a experiment that lives now on handhelds. Probably the japanese audiencie has a different opinion but not deserved the score in my opinion. (The figurine collectoin and the hyrule scene are great thought)

Nintendogs (DS)

Well here's the point, Nintendogs is a game that created a new genre and at this days is still in many weekly charts (number 40 of this week) of course people complain about this being the beging "of teh casual" but this title put a handheld in hands of a bigger audience. Anyway tought decision but one thing is sure, it's a concept that'll be present in one way or another in the future. (Hi Milo!!!)

Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

No. Well yes the hype surrounding this one was amazing and for many this's the last "hurrah" of the Playstation 2 (I like to think that's Persona 4) but not a memorable game, not the best system, not even the best characters. (but at least is much, much better than XI in my opinion)

The wet dream of many Nintendo fans, but a missed chance for the bad online and lack of choices to upgrade more characters. Still a 9 or probably a 8.5.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Are you a MGS fan? Then yes this game is perfect. I'm not a fan and even with the good graphics and nice combat system It's really annoying to be interrupted every time for a cinema, honestly I don't get it. Why I need to talk to a psychologist in the middle of a mission, why a bunch of crazy guys attacked a octopus fishing village? Is that a bold monkey? Why is he wearing iron diapers? Why is this old guy smoking at every loading screen? Why? Anyway probably a 8 or 8.5 for me.

KylieDog said:
I agree with:

Soul Calibur (DC)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

I strongly disagree with:

Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
Nintendogs (DS)

I have not played:

Vagrant Story (PS1)
428 (Wii)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)

- The first three outdid themselves and advanced some long stale things needing updates, and updated them amazingly.

- How SSBB manages it with the terrible online alone as a reason it shouldn't get 10 I do not know, let alone its countless other flaws like complete absence of character balance. I can't be bothered going into problems witht he other three.

I'll do it for you.

MGS4.  Underwhelming action, too many cutscenes.
Nintendogs.  You hate everything that's casual.
Wind Waker.  Too childish to be taken seriously.

^^^

This is based on posts of yours I've seen.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I can only say that Wind Waker didn't have nearly the magic or influence that OOT did. If OOT is perfect, then Wind Waker cannot be.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Kantor said:
^Does that qualify as hating it?

I doubt anyone would give a game that they hate, a 9 out of 10.  So, no.

It could have been a 10 10 10 6, or...

Fine, they liked it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

How can FF12, a game series that's HUGE on story, and FF12 having a terrible story, characters and characterization (IMO one of the worst ones in the series,) get a perfect score? It shouldn't.

outlawauron said:
Kantor said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:

Soul Calibur (DC)
Vagrant Story (PS1)
Nintendogs (DS)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
428 (Wii)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)

All these games got a 40 out of 40 from the publication.

Your thoughts and opinions?

Huh.   There aren't any 360 games on it.

Need I say more? Japan aren't exactly the biggest 360 lovers (though Famitsu did give Gears 2 a 38)

Lol messed up post XD    

You need to get rid of the stigma that Famitsu hates 360 games. They usually give fair scores.

Famitsu doesn't hate 360 games at all, and I never said that. Famitsu loves 360 games. My point is that the 360 doesn't have any series beloved enough for Famitsu to give a 360 game a 10 10 10 10, and that is also why it is (more) unsuccessful (than the other home consoles) in Japan.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

FFXII was horrendous! Dull world, boring characters and dreary combat.

Not played SSMB or SC but all the other games on the list are fine choices.

Okay, where were the flaws in Wind Waker? Other than you not liking it for whatever reason, there weren't many flaws to the game, it was near perfect IMO.