By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holy crap! FFXIII Japan sales...check this out

TheSource said:

If Square-Enix expected a 2m+ debut in Japan the game would still be exclusive to PS3 worldwide, as it would sell 5 million or something on PS3. Without a big PS3 base in Japan, it will probably do 1.3m week one in Japan and 1.75m-2.0m lifetime. Should do another 2-3m in the west. The 360 version will do 3-4m in the west. Should end up with the usual software split for HD games that are big worldwide - 360 sw sales in the Americas offsetting better PS3 sales in Others and Japan.

I actually think the 360 and ps3 will be neck and neck in the U.S., ps3 will sell more FF13s in others and of course Japan thus putting it ahead by a couple million for this title. I can't give any reasons for this other than gut feeling so I could just be spouting BS. We'll see.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Wait...you think the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version in the west by a million or more?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Something that I have already said before is that I'm one of the few FF fans that has a 360 and not a PS3, If I did have a PS3 though and had to choose which console to buy it for it would definently be the PS3, both of these reasons is why I see the PS3 version outselling the 360 version in all regions.

hellonearth said:
Egghead said:
It is almost impossible for a game to sell over 1/3 of its userbase

Not true. Do you think ppl in Japan bought Ps3's for Call of Duty and Killzone?

I honestly cant think of a game that has gone over the 1/3 barrier.

Egghead said:
hellonearth said:
Egghead said:

Wii Fit

Around the Network

That would be one game for each console.

Love and tolerate.

Craan said:
Egghead said:
hellonearth said:
Egghead said:

Wii Fit

Even though thats the only game i can think of, ill give it to you, Wii Play is a different matter all together.

Still, 2 million on a 3-4 million userbase is still far too much.

It'll sell 2-3 million in Japan. Dragon Quest IX and X will probably sell twice that amount or more. Especially the DS DQ game.

'gaming till I'm gone'

it will sell better than Kingdom hearts and FF12 for sure.

FF XIII is going to sell gangbusters in Japan. Its been on Famitsu's most wanted list since it was first announced at E3 2007.