By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey revealed for Nintendo DS

300 demons... Shoji Meguro... if only it didn't have first person view and was 3rd person like DDS/Nocturne... but fuck, it's SMT, it'll be good in any view... especially with the promised features...

Oh well... time to feed the DS... :D

Around the Network

Well.
I think I have to quit our site to play all the DS RPGs.
My RPG backlog is already at over 9000...

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Wow this is awesome. the DS has been getting great love lately.

Interesting. Looks like they're reusing the Devil Survivor Engine

Looks interesting, and although I'm not really digging the character design (Atlus needs to use Soejima for that!), it has Kaneko AND Meguro AND Shin Megami Tensei in title, no way I don't keep track of this

Soriku said:

From GAF:

Producer/Original Concept/Character and Devil Design: KANEKO THE DEVIL PAINTER

Director: Eiji Ishida (Chief Designer for SMT3/Raidou/Raidou2)

Scenario: Shogo Isogai (SMT2/SMTif/DevilSummoner/SoulHackers/SMT3/Raidou/Trauma series)

Composer: MEGURO THE COMPOSER OF GOODNESS

It's official: anyone now trying to bash this game needs their SMT license revoked. This game is going to be godly.

As for what it is, amost no games in Japan get SMT in their names, that is a western thing. I think SMT, SMT2, SMT3 and If were the only ones to do so. I think this, plus the old school mainline style makes it seem like it may be the true smt4. Question is, how long into the game is it till the world ends?

Also, this again confirms that DS is the rpg system. Japan has embraced it and everyone needs to finally accept the truth. Stop trying to predict PS360 everytime atlus teaser comes out, they canned p4 on HD for a reason.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
Soriku said:

From GAF:

Scenario: Shogo Isogai (SMT2/SMTif/DevilSummoner/SoulHackers/SMT3/Raidou/Trauma series)

It's official: anyone now trying to bash this game needs their SMT license revoked. This game is going to be godly.

As for what it is, amost no games in Japan get SMT in their names, that is a western thing. I think SMT, SMT2, SMT3 and If were the only ones to do so. I think this, plus the old school mainline style makes it seem like it may be the true smt4. Question is, how long into the game is it till the world ends?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

Shin Megami Tensei: If...

Shin Megami Tensei: NINE

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children (that's 5 different games)

Anyone who hasn't played the last SMT game really needs to check out Devil Survivor. It is possibly the best DS game I have played.

Aiemond said:
Soriku said:

From GAF:

Also, this again confirms that DS is the rpg system. Japan has embraced it and everyone needs to finally accept the truth. Stop trying to predict PS360 everytime atlus teaser comes out, they canned p4 on HD for a reason.

Definetely.

I don't really care about RPG's on the PS3 now - mainly because DS/PS2/PS1/SNES and soon PSP provide me with the same experience... who gives a shit about graphics when you have all this gameplay shoved in... with Shoji Meguro as the icing on the demon cake.

Soriku said:

From GAF:

Oh god..... I need this game now.

This Is Awesome. Now The Wait For October Begins.