By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey revealed for Nintendo DS

RyougaZell said:
I honestly didn't expect it to be a DS game. But heck... it looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Several of the demons design are the same from Devil Survivor. For instance the Wendigo.

But I don't think this is SMT4.

Its more likely a 'direct spin-off' much like Shin Megami Tensei If and Shin Megami Tensei NINE were.

Yeah, that does seem the most likely. This game doesn't seem to take place in Tokyo anyway, so that pretty much proves my SMT4 theory wrong.

Around the Network

Atlus won't give me the chance to get into this series before pumping out more games.

DS is a beast.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Yeah, I think it's SMT4 (I think!). Just look at the art style of the characters, especially the lips.

...But for the DS? :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I was hoping for SMT IV on the PS360; but a first-person SMT game like the early ones is great news though! Didn't expect to see another SMT game on the DS this soon.

Boutros said:
Oh no... What's their problem!

What problem, looks kick ass.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

YES! this is awesome, I was really worried this would drop on a system I didn't have, but now I am happy.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Atlus won't give me the chance to get into this series before pumping out more games.

DS is a beast.

I still haven't beaten Persona 4.  They are releasing too many SMT games for me to keep track of.

Aiemond said:
Boutros said:
Oh no... What's their problem!

What problem, looks kick ass.

I want them to do a console game. I want an RPG! for my PS3!

Some pieces of art remind me of old (really old, ancient) sci-fi movies and their naive representation of future technology =) Good art as always. Though gameplay seems generic in vein of old SMTs (that plays much like rogue-likes). Good for old school gamers, but I'm already tired of these jRPG manstream games. Could we be a little (just a little) more innovative, ple-e-ease?

Cactus said:

- The system is in 1st person view (upper screen)with map display (lower screen) like EO series

Son of a bitch...

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press