By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Evolution of Heavenly Sword -- From 360 Exclusive, to PS3 exclusive.

makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
If it had come to the Xbox 360 the irony is it probably would have sold well enough to get a sequel.

Because Ninja Gaiden II lit up the sales charts.  >_o

And didn't DMC4 sell better on ps3 than 360?

There's also that no other publisher would've marketed the game as heavily as Sony.  They turned it into on of their biggest 2007 first party releases (I'd say it was probably third, behind Uncharted and God of War II). 

I wonder if it were released today if the outcome would be different?

I think sales for Tekken would be a suitable benchmark.

You are right though, sony did market the hell out of heavenly sword.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
If it had come to the Xbox 360 the irony is it probably would have sold well enough to get a sequel.

There's also that no other publisher would've marketed the game as heavily as Sony.  They turned it into on of their biggest 2007 first party releases (I'd say it was probably third, behind Uncharted and God of War II). 

i dont think so, resident evil 5 and street fighter 4 released this year also sold more on the ps3.

Xoj said:
Strategyking92 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:

i dont think so, resident evil 5 and street fighter 4 released this year also sold more on the ps3.

LOL nice^^

anyways I hope there is a sequel.......

Heavenly Sword was awesome. The one and only thing wrong with it was that there wasn't enough of it, in my book.

A sequel.. heck a trilogy.. would be fantastic.

Procrastinato said:
Heavenly Sword was awesome. The one and only thing wrong with it was that there wasn't enough of it, in my book.

A sequel.. heck a trilogy.. would be fantastic.

Was originally planned as a trilogy (if i remember correctly)

But since #2 was scrapped, for the time being...not looking good.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"