By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Evolution of Heavenly Sword -- From 360 Exclusive, to PS3 exclusive.

SickleSigh said:

How does every thread turn into a fanboy war?

This one started of as one according to the OP

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

It started as Xbox in 2003, reannounced as 360 in 2004 then jumped again to PS3 in 2005 where it got its final make over and released in 2007.

i already stated that in the original post...(smacks forehead)

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Dodece said:
@Ssliasil

I do believe you are talking out of your ass. The reality is that both major compilation websites are both fairly consistent with one another. More to the point the average is within a few points of the mean. Then there is the fact that 44% of the reviews were within plus or minus five points of the average score. Move it ten points out and its 72% of the reviews. Three quarters of the reviews are falling in a twenty point band.

I think I just owned you. You spouted crap, and I just smacked the taste right out of your mouth. That is the problem with the blame game. Eventually it all comes back on you doesn't it. Next time you just might take the time to run the numbers before you go spouting off.

Interesting, less than half of the reviews fall between 74 and 84. And there are still 28% of reviews not covered between scores from 69 to 89. That surprises me. I would expect a tighter review range for any game.

I would have thought 1.37 million sales would be pretty good for a release title that's new IP (OK resistance did better but I'm thinking FPS games generally do). Million seller seems to be a benchmark for what equates to good sales on any system, and this game exceeded that benchmark by a reasonable margin. Bundling may have helped the numbers, but there are always a number of bundles to choose from and people chose the HS bundle. So this might mean the income for the game isn't the best, but it still means people got a game they wanted, rather than being forced to take a game because it comes with every PS3 sold. On that basis I'd say an HS2 would sell better than HS1 (assuming it improved on HS1), and it would turn a profit given they won't be developing from scratch. So I don't think the ability for HS2 to make money has anything to do with the lack of a sequel.

I also say rubbish to the "technical limitations" of the 360 angle. There was some reason it went from Xbox 360 to PS3, but technical limitations ain't one of them. Edit: Just read Squill's Xbox1 bit. Now that makes sense, still seems odd to go from XB1 to PS3 rather than XB-->360. Maybe MS looked at it and thought "Nah this game doesn't look like it meets our technical expectations for the 360".

I plan to either rent it or buy it 2nd hand.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ssliasil said:
It started as Xbox in 2003, reannounced as 360 in 2004 then jumped again to PS3 in 2005 where it got its final make over and released in 2007.

(gets a hammer then copies you by smacking you in the forhead with it.)

This thread was lost by you as soon as you said it is a swipe at the 360, nothing more.

Give it up, you lose

AussieGecko said:
Ssliasil said:

(gets a hammer then copies you by smacking you in the forhead with it.)

This thread was lost by you as soon as you said it is a swipe at the 360, nothing more.

Give it up, you lose

Correction i said it was a swipe at the 360 ONLy in the regard that HS jumped platforms in favor of PS3 due to limitations...nothing else.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

@Ssliasil

Your really not terribly bright, or even lighthearted for that matter are you. Show me a person that resorts to name calling, and labeling as a defense. I will show you a person that has run out of any good ideas, or more to the point probably didn't have any in the first place. Your entire shit fit was nothing more then a front.

You tried to use vile rhetoric to attack another members argument. No proof just base accusations. So once your rhetoric was debunked with mathematics. Which I think you truly do understand, or at least get the gist of. Instead of showing any degree of poise or grace. You have gone right back to the bag of tricks more rhetoric. You are trying to change the subject.

Instead of arguing a valid point you have decided to personally attack the person that made it. That is the tact you decided is your last best hope to save your self respect. Well it isn't going to work you know. I hate to burst your bubble, but that fanboy label you tried to stick on me just will not fly with most members. I usually make radical observations, and am not rigid in position. I back up my positions with logic and reason. I can even gasp make positive comments about other platforms without them being backhanded.

I want you to understand something you lost badly, and your coming back for seconds. Your not going to win, and all your going to get for going twelve rounds with me is the same thing. Even if I stay coy and light your still going to be left on the mat gasping for breath. Please do not make yourself into my new special friend. More importantly you probably do not have the composure to go six rounds me. I will break you before that, and your going to get yourself banned with a long string of profanity. So I ask you do you really want to take me on.

You got totally owned deal with it.

i care about it, the first was awesome if you rented it, i hope the sequel is still a possiblility.

Ssliasil said:
^ above poster

i did give the Evolution of Heavenly sword, the sequel thing was just a little side note.

but yeah it was a swipe at the 360 just because of the face the Developers jumped ship cause what they wanted to do could only be done on Playstation.

This thread proves the whole point of this thread to attack the 360. If you didn't mean it to word that way, but it certainly says that.

"but yeah it was a swipe at the 360 just because of the face the Developers jumped ship cause what they wanted to do could only be done on Playstation."

^ that was the troll

i did give the Evolution of Heavenly sword, the sequel thing was just a little side note.

^ that was to show the rest of thread was pure and simple for the troll.

Get someone to check your posts before you put them out.

lol what? when did i say anything other than "thats fanboyism"

haha your entire argument just failed horribly..then theres this simple fact...

You said i retort to "name calling" and "i change the subject"

1.) You turn around and say im "not terribly bright or lighthearted" directly after you say i retort to name calling.

2.) When did i change the subject? it went from...

---HS is a great game, and someone else saying "it gotzorz thezorz reviews so itsa must suck!" as if reviews even matter, its the mind of the players that count, not the reviewers. (anfd mediacritic is shit)

to...

---Well you saying im a name caller and me calling you...

a hypocrit.

again, nice try, shall we dance again?

to ssliasil: if there have been 50 other posts to the one you are replying please quote