By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 takes steps backwards...why buy it?

nice, since I didn't buy cod4 I'll be getting two games in one, talk about a bargain
PS3 for the win!!!!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
<>Barozi said:
Why would anyone buy Bioshock 2 or 3 ?

Because of an AAA campaign.
, CoD2 and CoD4 had AAA campaigns and I'm sure MW2 will feature one.

Heck yeah my friend. This is what gaming should be all about, not focus on the goddamn boring multiplayer.

Personally, I thought WaW's campaign was better than MW's, so I can't wait to see if Infinity Ward are going to take the crown back! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Yeah... I have to say that sucks though. I didn't know about this until you created this thread. What were they thinking?!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The Resistance 2 dedicated coop was great. I hope to see more developers giving coop propert attention and not trying to shoe-horn it into their single player campaigns.

Vehicles in Battlefield or Warhawk are great and really add to the variety of the multiplayer. Vehicles in WaW are annoying and should be avoided.

I would buy any game developed by Infinity Ward. I would have a hard time renting a Treyarch game.

Zombies are always fun, so I guess that would be a step backwards.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

You have some good points, but I cant believe you compared Treyarchs 'poor effort' againts Modern Warfare.

But I guess its just personal preference :)

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Barozi said:
Why would anyone buy Bioshock 2 or Half Life 3 ?

CoD, CoD2 and CoD4 had AAA campaigns and I'm sure MW2 will feature one.

Campaigns are worth a rent only.  Bioshock 2 will add multiplayer which the first did not have.   Same as WaW added 4 player co-op in campaign and nazi zombies co-op.   MW2 removes features.

Call of Duty is on a two year development cycle. Each developer basically does their own thing. Infinity Ward looked towards their own Modern Warfare to see what to add and subtract, not World at War. Ever notice that Infinity Ward didn't set the new game in World War II? Oh my goodness, another step backwards!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Barozi said:

So what is Half-Life?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

KylieDog said:
Barozi said:

Campaigns are worth a rent only.  Bioshock 2 will add multiplayer which the first did not have.   Same as WaW added 4 player co-op in campaign and nazi zombies co-op.   MW2 removes features.

LOOOOL

I hope you didn't generalize that, because that would be ridiculous.

Lets see, new campaign, new multiplayer maps, buffed up engine. Beats me why I would buy this when I still have Golden Eye lying around here. Really it's just slight upgrades over that, and they probably won't even have cheat mode in it (LAME). I mean who needs any of these new fangled new things when I have old fangled old things?

You're question really makes no sense. I will buy MW2 because I want a new Modern Warfare game. I will buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 because I want a new Super Mario Galaxy Game. Will they be better than the originals? Who knows, they aren't out yet. But I still want more of what I enjoyed in the first games, so I will buy the second games. Seems like a pretty silly question.

Also I do not think single player games are rental only. Most of the games I own are single player games, or have multiplayer components I don't care much about. Maybe if you don't have the money a person might desire to focus on only purchasing long lasting multiplayer experiences. But that's not me. I buy games I want.

As a value proposition you personally may not find this game warranting your 60 dollars, because you are content with the product you have. However there will be millions who are willing to pay for the new maps, new campaign, beefed up engine, ect ect. If you don't want it, that's your prerogative. However I think it warrants the cash just as much as any sequel to a beloved game does.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

And the main reason people will buy it - Their friends will all be buying it and having a cracking time online so they want to join in.