By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Madden is now a ps3 MLG exclusive

Hi i been on this site for a while just 2 look at game a system weekley sales. I am a big madden player a mlg said today that the no 1 system for madden tornements will b on ps3 now. i have heard from alot of madden players that they r now switching back 2 the playstation now and will b buying ps3. How do u guys think this will impact sales of madden a ps3? 

I also remember hearing that the rumered ps3 slim will b coming out around the relase of the new madden, there have also been alot of ea ps3 commircals lately 2 u think this could b more evidance of the slim being relesed soon?

Sony also got the tornaments back on there systems by agreing 2 pay 4 all the winninings 4 the tournaments. There r more details on mlgpro.com

sry 4 the bad spelling

Around the Network

Welcome. Sadly, I don't understand your post, but have fun here.

Professional competitive gaming is a ridiculously niche market. It won't affect sales at all. Now if Sony is still advertising for EA sports come next month like they have been for Fight Night and NCAA Football, then that could have an effect on the sales.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I think EA is trying 2 bring the main madden audiance back 2 sony most of the madden comunity liked madden better when it was on ps2 and it started 2 sell less when the tornaments were moved 2 xbox

Interesting.

In a recent rumor i posted it mentioned a PS3 slim + Madden bundle.

Linked maybe?

Around the Network
PhillyPhan321 said:
I think EA is trying 2 bring the main madden audiance back 2 sony most of the madden comunity liked madden better when it was on ps2 and it started 2 sell less when the tornaments were moved 2 xbox

Ok, I understand this troll post. Tell the class why would EA/Madden choose the PS3 community over the 360 community. For devs, why would you invest more resources - during an economic downturn where folks are really, really pinching pennies - in a console that's dead last - and the most expensive? Loyalty during this recession is out of the window, player.

I definitely want to see your response to this.

@ Carl - when is the slim supposed to hit shelves?

madskillz said:

Nobody knows for certain, but some people expect it to be revealed at the "GamesCom" event.

Carl2291 said:
madskillz said:

Nobody knows for certain, but some people expect it to be revealed at the "GamesCom" event.

The Slim/Madden bundle is said to be out in August so yes, they'll probably reveal it at GamesCom.

@ madskillz

Left 4 Dead 2 is racist!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL