By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40Gig all that bad?

No its not all that bad in terms of the future. The problem with the ps3 going on sale in Europe only?! Is that people in Japan and NA will expect it to follow suit shortly. There by holding OFF sales in the mean time. I expect sales in NA and JP to go down while Europe increases. If its no price cut *soon* afterwards it will be worst than cutting the price at all. In my theory anyways.

Around the Network

Well as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't Europe been getting the massive shaft in terms of the PS3 as of late? I mean I know they were wanting a price drop, but hell 399 :P Thats substantial as far as I know.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Yeah very true, but I have a feeling that by the time the console drops, there should be a few (hoping on major) hits for the system. Uncharted and Ratchet are supposed to arive around that time no?

Uncharted and Ratchet are going to be system sellers? Hits?

So since it released today or tomorrow we should have UK numbers next Tuesday to find out if the PS3 in UK increased any.

Ratchet is a system seller. It sold millions of copies.

Uncharted looks impressive, but we will see. I expect 80k for ps3 sales.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Ratchet is a system seller. It sold millions of copies.

Uncharted looks impressive, but we will see. I expect 80k for ps3 sales.

Where? Just in Europe?

LOL ok you guys got me with that ^^; very poor choice of words on my part. Well ratchet is pretty much GUARANTEED to be amazing, (havent played a bad one yet :D ) and Uncharted is made by a very critically aclaimed development team so yeah they WILL be massive, but I'm just hoping on Uncharted being that damn awesome XD Because if these both end up being AAA games, the the PS3's seen a pretty damn good launch year :D

LOL ok you guys got me with that ^^; very poor choice of words on my part. Well ratchet is pretty much GUARANTEED to be amazing, (havent played a bad one yet :D ) and Uncharted is made by a very critically aclaimed development team so yeah they WILL be massive, but I'm just hoping on Uncharted being that damn awesome XD Because if these both end up being AAA games, the the PS3's seen a pretty damn good launch year :D

fkusumot said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Yeah very true, but I have a feeling that by the time the console drops, there should be a few (hoping on major) hits for the system. Uncharted and Ratchet are supposed to arive around that time no?

Uncharted and Ratchet are going to be system sellers? Hits?

I´m starting to really hate that term (not you your cool) every game ads to a system and the library sells the system, sure there are those games that single handedly sell systems, but would the 360 be doing ok with onyl Halo 3 and PGR ??? Would the Wii beat everything seen with ony Mario and Zelda ??? I think not, what matters is that games like Uncharted and Rachet ad a variety to the PS3 and could put many poeple over the edge. Will people buy it ony for Ratchet... maybe not, but people walking into a store seeing Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratchet, Warhawk and Uncharted see that is has somthing good in many areas, I think that counts for more than one big game that some like and others hate.

Ratchet and Uncharted seem to both be hits.

They aren't really big system sellers, but hardware will be up whenever it's released.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.