By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD YTD top 5 for each console

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4083/npd_behind_the_numbers_june_2009.php

Around the Network

Wii and the 360 does move Softwares in North America. PS3 is a different story.

@Bonkers

Yea and you are one of the reasons why, you buy a ps3 to get 1 game?

mM
leo-j said:
@Bonkers

Nope. Bought my PS3 for the Final Fantasy series and all the other Square-Enix games.  At the beginning if I knew the Xbox 360 will have more JRpg then the PS3 over 2 years in, I would not bought the PS3 at launch.  I would of waited until the price drop to pick one up.  If you check my profile I'm a BIG JRpg fan.

PS3 software is pretty good.. last yr it had MGS4 which alone sold a million.

Any number estimates for KZ2 and RE5 and others?

Around the Network

Very revealing of why the Wii is slowing down. Four out of five top titles are over a year old, as compared to zero out of five for PS3 and 360. Wii need a new blockbuster.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Software rising steadily for PS3, stoped for Wii and rising, but not the same percentage, for X360. If you comapre 1st Halfs, of course. The Crisis seemed to have affected HW first and SW later and in a smaller scale.

Like I said, before, Wii didn't rise YoY in the first Half, mainly for the lack of new Titles. I mean is even worse if you think That the userbase is 10-15 mln Bigger than the same period last year. But if Japan is any indication, WSR should change that.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

bonkers555 said:
leo-j said:
@Bonkers

Nope. Bought my PS3 for the Final Fantasy series and all the other Square-Enix games.  At the beginning if I knew the Xbox 360 will have more JRpg then the PS3 over 2 years in, I would not bought the PS3 at launch.  I would of waited until the price drop to pick one up.  If you check my profile I'm a BIG JRpg fan.

Obviously not if you only have one game. There are more exclusive JRPGS than that on the platform.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
bonkers555 said:
leo-j said:
@Bonkers

Obviously not if you only have one game. There are more exclusive JRPGS than that on the platform.

And who say I only have one game on the PS3?  I have:

Killzone 2

LBP (my favorite PS3 game)

MGS 4

Street Fighter 4

I own FOUR PS3 games not including Kung-Fu Ragdoll, and downloaded version of Suidoken and FFVII.

Off topic:  Is there any way that my PS3 trophies update automatically?  I hate to manually update my trophy card everytime I get a new trophy.

bonkers555 said:
outlawauron said:
bonkers555 said:
leo-j said:
@Bonkers

And who say I only have one game on the PS3?  I have:

Killzone 2

LBP (my favorite PS3 game)

MGS 4

Street Fighter 4

I own FOUR PS3 games not including Kung-Fu Ragdoll, and downloaded version of Suidoken and FFVII.

Off topic:  Is there any way that my PS3 trophies update automatically?  I hate to manually update my trophy card everytime I get a new trophy.

I was just going off of what he said.

Why haven't you tried Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, or Eternal Sonata? Those are four good RPGs!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.