By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD YTD top 5 for each console

Darc Requiem said:
bonkers555 said:
mrstickball said:
Eternal Sonata isn't that great...Coming from the 360 version owner.

If it comes to North America, your much better off with Tales of Vesperia.

Dude, I'm sorry but Eternal Sonata was awesome. 

I agree with MrStickball. ES was huge disappointment. The story horrible, the characters were worse, and the quest was linear even by JRPG standards. I loved the artstyle and the battle system was fun for a while but the rest of the game was subpar. If you own a PS3 wait for ToV to get localized. ToV is exceptional. I maybe double dip with ToV when I get a  PS3.

Sorry, I won't rebuy a game I already owned especially for $60.  White Knight Chronicles looks very promising though.

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
Darc Requiem said:
bonkers555 said:
mrstickball said:
Eternal Sonata isn't that great...Coming from the 360 version owner.

If it comes to North America, your much better off with Tales of Vesperia.

Dude, I'm sorry but Eternal Sonata was awesome. 

I agree with MrStickball. ES was huge disappointment. The story horrible, the characters were worse, and the quest was linear even by JRPG standards. I loved the artstyle and the battle system was fun for a while but the rest of the game was subpar. If you own a PS3 wait for ToV to get localized. ToV is exceptional. I maybe double dip with ToV when I get a  PS3.

Sorry, I won't rebuy a game I already owned especially for $60.  White Knight Chronicles looks very promising though.

Given the amount of content being added, I may consider it. I'm still not sold on the Pirate Girl. ToV is one of the few JRPGs in which I liked the entire cast. I even grew to like Karol by the end of the quest.

Noobie said:
PS3 software is pretty good..

Really? The #1 PS3 game, Killzone 2, sells about as well as the #4 360 game, Halo Wars.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

bonkers555 said:
outlawauron said:
bonkers555 said:
leo-j said:
@Bonkers

Yea and you are one of the reasons why, you buy a ps3 to get 1 game?

Nope. Bought my PS3 for the Final Fantasy series and all the other Square-Enix games.  At the beginning if I knew the Xbox 360 will have more JRpg then the PS3 over 2 years in, I would not bought the PS3 at launch.  I would of waited until the price drop to pick one up.  If you check my profile I'm a BIG JRpg fan.

Obviously not if you only have one game. There are more exclusive JRPGS than that on the platform.

And who say I only have one game on the PS3?  I have:

Killzone 2

LBP (my favorite PS3 game)

MGS 4

Street Fighter 4

I own FOUR PS3 games not including Kung-Fu Ragdoll, and downloaded version of Suidoken and FFVII.

Off topic:  Is there any way that my PS3 trophies update automatically?  I hate to manually update my trophy card everytime I get a new trophy.

You have to manually update your trophies?

sony really needs to get their **** together.

Who would have thought after selling 140 million ps2s the ps3 would be in last place getting trounced by a faulty microsoft product.

The world is upside down!

Around the Network

Im bookmarking this thread for having cool graphs!

Tease.

aavidbacon said:
Software rising steadily for PS3, stoped for Wii and rising, but not the same percentage, for X360. If you comapre 1st Halfs, of course. The Crisis seemed to have affected HW first and SW later and in a smaller scale.

Like I said, before, Wii didn't rise YoY in the first Half, mainly for the lack of new Titles. I mean is even worse if you think That the userbase is 10-15 mln Bigger than the same period last year. But if Japan is any indication, WSR should change that.

This is worth noting. The Wii has sold the same amount of SW with 10+ million more consoles out there in the USA. Even taking into consideration that Wii Fit, Brawl and MKWii were released last year in the first half.

SW sales should have been up.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

sinha said:
Noobie said:
PS3 software is pretty good..

Really? The #1 PS3 game, Killzone 2, sells about as well as the #4 360 game, Halo Wars.

And the PS3 has less than half the userbase the 360, and sells more than half the software. It's not the PS3's fault that Sony made a console that doesn't appeal to Americans, but it's doing a really good job selling software given the size of the userbase. Stop trolling.

To the dude looking for JRPGs, look no further than Demon's Souls, I haven't bought it yet, waiting for localization in October, but from what I hear, it's the best JRPG this generation so far.

killzone 2: 750,000 at mid-year for just usa.
very good for sony .