By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did Sega Choose to Release VC 2 only on the PSP? Why No PS3 Love?

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/strategy/valkyria-chronicles-2-announced-the-psp-$1312558.htm

I've been away the last couple weeks, and on my return I see that VC2 is not heading to the PS3, only the PSP.

Does anyone have any reasons why this is so? I thought Sega was happy with VC's sales, why the change in tactics?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

1. Development costs would decrease by a huge amount.
2. It would sell better in Japan due to the anime being released and also the install base of PSP being bigger and more active.
3. With the PSP resurrection Sony are trying sales WW should also increase.
4. I am very sad some people do not have common sense.

There's already at least 4 topics on this.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Different dev teams, 3 probably under development for PS3

Munkeh111 said:

Same producer and same development team.

Around the Network

They were happy with VC PS3 sales, but they're trying to tap into the MH market on the PSP. Look at how well Phantasy Star Portable did by adding ad-hoc gameplay to it's gameplay. Sega is looking to find that success here. Lets hope it works out for them.

Star Scream said:
Munkeh111 said:

Same producer and same development team.

Really... well I am sure there are few people working on it, but then I do have to ask why?

RPG said:

1. Development costs would decrease by a huge amount.
2. It would sell better in Japan due to the anime being released and also the install base of PSP being bigger and more active.
3. With the PSP resurrection Sony are trying sales WW should also increase.
4. I am very sad some people do not have common sense.

This.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

VC2 is going to PSP in order to reduce development costs, allow SEGA to attempt to tap into a new market and to support Sony's efforts to expand on the PSP.

Well if SEGA were clever they would release more crappy/mediocre Sonic games (which will sell 2-3 million units per game) and using this money to make more high budget games.