By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit sales in 2009?

Wii Fit
Nintendo 86 7,446,040 20,999,455

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly.php

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Saying Wii fit as a game is like saying Netflix is a game....

I love the damage control crew trying to disqualify Wii Fit as a game. Bravo. Now try to work on reasons to disqualify Mario Kart Wii. Afterall, it's just a glorified tech demo for that piece of round plastic that fits around the Wii remote.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I love the damage control crew trying to disqualify Wii Fit as a game. Bravo. Now try to work on reasons to disqualify Mario Kart Wii. Afterall, it's just a glorified tech demo for that piece of round plastic that fits around the Wii remote.

you seriously try too hard to be a pain.

Mario Kart is a game, how is it a tech demo?

you play it , you have fun with it. it have everything you want in a game

Wii Fit however. is not a game.

Joelcool7 said:
N.Genckel said:
Barozi said:
I try not to troll here, but IMO Wii Fit is not a game.
It's a piece of hardware with user manual.

Then you obviously haven't played it.

Having put in more then 140 hours on my WiiFit I have to agree with Barozi. WiiFit is essentially a balance board with a tech demo and user manual. Essentially a lady or guy on screen tells you how to excersize on your balance board, and the few tech demo's aren't good enough to qualify as a solid game.

Its essentially another over glorified tech demo that has the Wii Balance board as an exclusive feature. That being said I've already pre-ordered Plus at my local EBGames and am looking forward to excersizing this fall. I'm starting to get pretty fat I need a new game to motivate me! WiiFit motivates you to get in shape you have to play a certain amount of time to unlock all of its features, pushing you to excersize more.

Nintendo said themselves, who woulda thought that we'd be selling a bathroom scale to gamers across the globe. That is in essence what Wii fit is, A bathroom scale with a how to manual and a couple tech demo's! Also anyone who doesn't have WiiFit yet should go buy Plus when it arrives, you won't regret it!

Also I think this fall WiiFit won't actually be all that effected by WiiFitPlus. Why?

Because to be honest WiiFit is only now sticking to store shelves, about a month ago it was impossible to find a copy in any store anywhere in Canada. But now I see them in Rogers , Walmart , Zellers, EBGames, Willow Video Games. They are everywhere which means Nintendo is only now meeting the amazing demand. So what does this have to do with it selling well this holiday season despite WiiFitPlus. Thats easy, WiiFitPlus will be in short supply this fall either do to overwhelming demand or because Nintendo purposely withholds hardware. So with WiiFitPlus being in such short demand gamers who don't own WiiFit will buy it instead. I can guarantee that casual gamers will not know the different between WiiFitPlus and WiiFit, they'll look at their Christmas lists and purchase WiiFit in lou of WFP.

Essentially their will be a shortage of WiiFitPlus this holiday season which should allow WiiFit to sell fairly well this holiday season. Though I do think Nintendo will phase out WiiFit starting next year. Making WiiFitPlus the only balance board hardware on the market!

140 hours on a tech demo? wish all demos lasted so long

Around the Network

you can say a dog isnt a dog, doesn't change the fact its a dog
you can say wii fit doesnt count as a game, doesnt change the fact that it is one

anyway people seem to realize the difference to WSR, i'm sure the price tag to the standalone game of wii fit plus will encourage people to buy wiifit+

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

A game is an enjoyable past-time with a set of (not necessarily rigid) rules.

Wii Fit is this.

At least some of the activities in Wii Fit are what you would consider "play". For that reason also, it is a game. Perhaps it is not entirely a game, but certainly much of it is.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

PullusPardus said:
Onyxmeth said:

You just compared Wii Fit to Netflix, and you say I'm a pain? Fine, I'm going to bite. Answer me two questions:

1. Why is Wii Fit like Netflix?

2. Why is Wii Fit not a game?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

*Yawn*

So we should continue the talk about Wii Fit being Nintendos second piece of hardware and is beating the Ps3?

Onyxmeth said:
PullusPardus said:
Onyxmeth said:

You just compared Wii Fit to Netflix, and you say I'm a pain? Fine, I'm going to bite. Answer me two questions:

1. Why is Wii Fit like Netflix?

2. Why is Wii Fit not a game?

and you compared Wii Fit to Mario Kart

1. because both are add ons to what the console supposed to do (Play games.... SHOCK!)

2. because you dont play it, it just tells you do stuff , its like a trainer. you know whats a trainer right?