By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit sales in 2009?

RolStoppable said:

The PS3 doesn't have DVD playback (only Blu-Ray), the controller still lacks the rumble feature and there's no internet browser.

That does make me sound incredibly silly because it's uninformed and untrue, right?

It sure does.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Onyxmeth said:

You just compared Wii Fit to Netflix, and you say I'm a pain? Fine, I'm going to bite. Answer me two questions:

1. Why is Wii Fit like Netflix?

2. Why is Wii Fit not a game?

and you compared Wii Fit to Mario Kart

1. because both are add ons to what the console supposed to do (Play games.... SHOCK!)

2. because you dont play it, it just tells you do stuff , its like a trainer. you know whats a trainer right?

Actually I didn't compare them at all. I poked fun of the attitude towards disqualifying Wii games based on their packaging with hardware. Mario Kart Wii happens to to be the next in line after the disqualification Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit have already gotten between this and previous threads.

1. Netflix is a company that specializes in movie rentals through the mail and a website of streaming videos all for one low monthly fee. Wii Fit is a piece of hardware and a piece of software that interact with each other all for the not so low price of $90. There are no recurring fees. Wii Fit is not a standalone company. It does not send movies to your door. It does not require a PC to operate. Again, what does Wii Fit have to do with Netflix?

2. So you don't play what's happening on the following screens? Could have fooled me.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

PullusPardus said:
Onyxmeth said:
PullusPardus said:
Onyxmeth said:

I love the damage control crew trying to disqualify Wii Fit as a game. Bravo. Now try to work on reasons to disqualify Mario Kart Wii. Afterall, it's just a glorified tech demo for that piece of round plastic that fits around the Wii remote.

you seriously try too hard to be a pain.

Mario Kart is a game, how is it a tech demo?

you play it , you have fun with it. it have everything you want in a game

Wii Fit however. is not a game.

You just compared Wii Fit to Netflix, and you say I'm a pain? Fine, I'm going to bite. Answer me two questions:

1. Why is Wii Fit like Netflix?

2. Why is Wii Fit not a game?

and you compared Wii Fit to Mario Kart

1. because both are add ons to what the console supposed to do (Play games.... SHOCK!)

2. because you dont play it, it just tells you do stuff , its like a trainer. you know whats a trainer right?

What about the balance games then? There's no trainer and you play them to beat your high score.

Signature goes here!

IMO Wii fit, game or not, is the main hardware mover this gen. I reckon that, if any of the other consoles came with this brilliant(from a business point of view, not from a gamer point of view) idea, this gen would see a different story. 40% of atach rate isn't something to ignore. The fact is people buy wii because of wii fit. If they get other games after that is just a detail.

Curious to see how well Wii fit plus will perform.BTW, I agree with the guy who said that WFP will probably be Supply constraint this holiday. I think that NSMB will join it in the no supply status, since I reckon this will be the top selling title of 2009.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E