By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Want to review games? VGChartz needs you!

Signalstar said:
Good luck everyone. PSP reviewers especially!

Thanks, But why the extra luck for PSP reviewers?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

There, I submitted
Hope it's ok.

It's certainly something I'd like to do (PSP, DS, 360, PC, PS3 with a Wii on its way and, hell, even the iPhone)... but I'm unsure time would permit it. Are there strict deadlines on submitting reviews once a review copy is received? Or would it be fine as long as the one per month average is upheld?

Anyhow, just posting to have it on my 'Hot Topics' in the event I decide to apply.

So we should all check this thread again sometime next week?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

They're probably waiting for more reviews to come in.
Damn, I should of took my time instead of rushing my review

Around the Network
pearljammer said:

It's certainly something I'd like to do (PSP, DS, 360, PC, PS3 with a Wii on its way and, hell, even the iPhone)... but I'm unsure time would permit it. Are there strict deadlines on submitting reviews once a review copy is received? Or would it be fine as long as the one per month average is upheld?

Anyhow, just posting to have it on my 'Hot Topics' in the event I decide to apply.

There's not an exact deadline but yeah, if you get a review copy we want it done as fast as you can. Hopefully within a couple weeks.

Can someone link or explain how the scoring system works for VGC?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

^ You give a game 3 scores (Presentation, Gameplay, Value) out of ten to the nearest point.5. You then give the game it's overall score out of your opinion to the nearest point.10, however the overall score must be in the boundaries of the 3 other scores. (Well, at least thats what I did )

I thoroughly replayed Trauma Center: New Blood so I could be able to review that.

Oh, and the score is on a scale from 1-10. Reviews are on the front page.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Taz! said:
^ You give a game 3 scores (Presentation, Gameplay, Value) out of ten to the nearest point.5. You then give the game it's overall score out of your opinion to the nearest point.10, however the overall score must be in the boundaries of the 3 other scores. (Well, at least thats what I did )

That's correct. The 3 scores must be within the boundries of the components but not an average. This is because different types of games require different weights for the components (judged by the reviewer). For example, something like a JRPG needs good value, as it's a property of the genre for them to be lengthy and fleshed out.